Having a really really bad time!!

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
stratts

Having a really really bad time!!

Post by stratts »

Hi everybody not spoke for a while,

To save time explaining my story again please read my posts.

In brief i have had chronic Pelvic Pain for approx 10 years. Originally after numerous doctors i was diagnosed with prostatitis!! As usual!!

It has been a real nightmare for me, i have lost my job, relationship and motivation to do anything.

About 2 years ago after asking and asking for an MRI, i finally had one and they found ai had 3 bulging discs in my lumbar spine. I was aware i had a very bad back injury about the same time my pelvic pain started, so it makes sense. I have been to visit a top surgeon in Leeds called Dr Peter Milner.He said that my back is in pretty bad shape. I have a bad spondylolisthesis (i think it is called!) at L5/S1. He told me technically my back had kind of broken and now it has calcified out of line.

My MRI shows slight impingement on my nerve root. However, i know the MRI is missing something and not showing the extent of the problem. I only had the i think 1.5 MRI not the more powerful.

I am back on the 21st of this month after injections into spine made no difference.

As i have explained in my original post i suffer from:

Obvious very bad lower back pain across back into area above hips.

Pain in lower stomach, with sometime bloating.

Pain in bum area like a very bad dull ache and horrific pain when sitting on hard surface.

Pain in Hips area, front and side also like a very bad aching and throbbing, unbearable to lay on or lean on.

Pain in my legs shooting pain and aching. Mostly right leg into ankle. Feels like something is going to snap when i bend down!!

Pain in my groin area like a dull ache.

The most surprising to me and the surgeon is pain in my Penis shaft again like dull ache and tension. This and other symptoms get worse after sex. Sometimes much worse!!

The reason i am catching up is a chance to actually communicate with people who understand for a change!!

This last six months have been horrific with constant horrible pain. In particular the last three day have been unbearable. I havent slept at all. Cant even lay on my hips without pain!! To be honest i know its not very macho but it has been soi bad it has brought me to tears many times at night.

I personally think i have some a problem with my pudendal nerve and a little with my siatic nerve. I can feel pain bad pain in my piriformis region. I can feel a link to my back pain. Its hard to explain but occasionally i get a sudden sharp pain when moving and the pain will go from my lower spine to the other areas. The doctors seem do not agree with this completely, but i can feel it.

I am not sure what the answer is? I have an upcoming appointment in about July with Dr Baranowski in London, i am just preying i can finally get some answers.

I just want my life back. I want to get back into work and start enjoying things again. I cant remember the last time i enjoyed anything.

Like most of you i am tired of being passed from doctor to doctor. I must have seen 50 doctors in the 10 years.

I am sorry i have gone on a bit!! But to be honest just needed to vent off. I am really desperate for help now. It is having a huge impact on my life and mental health. :( :cry:

I really feel for all you guys who understand my pain and suffer a similar life.
Biker George

Re: Having a really really bad time!!

Post by Biker George »

Hi Stratts. Sorry to hear that you're in pain. While all of us have different problems, we understand to some extent what you are going through. Hang in there, and I hope you can find something that alleviates your pain. Biker George.
stratts

Post by stratts »

Hi Biker George,

Thank you for your reply.

I trying to hang in there!! Just seems like its gone on forever, i cant remember what it is like to live without pain!! My hip, bum and lower back is very painful at the moment!!

I just hope that finally somebody will tell me whats going on and even better what can be done!!

Thank you again for your reply and support.

Take care
Stratts
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

stratts wrote:

As i have explained in my original post i suffer from:

Obvious very bad lower back pain across back into area above hips.

. . .
Pain in bum area like a very bad dull ache and horrific pain when sitting on hard surface.

Pain in Hips area, front and side also like a very bad aching and throbbing, unbearable to lay on or lean on.

Pain in my legs shooting pain and aching. Mostly right leg into ankle.

Pain in my groin area like a dull ache. . . .

Cant even lay on my hips without pain!!

. . . I can feel pain bad pain in my piriformis region. I can feel a link to my back pain.
Stratts,

You will no doubt hear from others about your pain symptoms, many of which do sound like PN. But the ones you mentioned above are ones that I have experienced personally and are also consistent with hip joint issues. Have you done any radiological investigations of your hips? If you haven't, I would strongly encourage you to do so. (This is my latest bandwagon, having suffered from undiagnosed hip problems for many years.)

I hope you are able to obtain some relief from your pain soon.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Faith

Post by Faith »

This also sounds like it could be sacroiliac joint dysfunction (the groin pain, piriformis pain, sciatica, buttock pain, etc) Have you been evaluated for that? I have SIJD and suffer with some of the symptoms you mentioned.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”