Has anyone been on a liquid cocktail of pain meds?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
kat

Has anyone been on a liquid cocktail of pain meds?

Post by kat »

Just saw a new doc and he wants me on a cocktail of opiods, non-opiods, nerve meds and muscle relaxers.
I want to get off the meds and feel that I will be over medicated if I drink a cocktail since I only take meds as needed.
I take Lyrica on a schedule, but pain meds and muscle relaxers are only taken during a flair up.

By drinking a cocktail, I don't have control over what and how much of each med I am consuming.
I also don't understand how the doc will know which is working and which one is not working.

My gut says don't do this, but I have on pain docs in Missouri and if this isn't tried, I have to fly back out New Hampshire and that costs so much money.

As far as I know, these cocktails are used with the terminally ill to keep them comfortable during their trip to death.

I just don't want to over medicate and I'm struggling to find info on these liquid pain cocktails on the web.

Thanks for any info you all may have.
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
Amanda

Re: Has anyone been on a liquid cocktail of pain meds?

Post by Amanda »

kat

I once knew a woman who was on a liquid cocktail of pain meds, her pain was spine related and she was on them for a few years. The one thing I remember is that was almost totally out of it most of the time, so maybe the idea of giving a liquid cocktail to terminally ill people is appropriate.
I can fully understand your aprehension to change your med routines and maybe you need to have another talk with your pain consultant and see what other alternatives are available.

I hope that you can get this matter resolved soon so that you can get your meds without upsetting your life.
Have you ever been recommended to have a pain pump? Maybe that might be an option to consider in the future?
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”