Dr. Hibner's comment on Dr. Potter'S 3 Tesla MRI

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
AliPasha1

Dr. Hibner's comment on Dr. Potter'S 3 Tesla MRI

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi everybody.
Dr. Olga's MRI results correlate exactly with Dr. Potter's 3 Tesla MRI.I am scheduled to have surgery soon.My left side is badly messed up.Dr. Bautrant indeed did a very bad job.Dr Hibner's office is now looking into the redo surgical dates.
Dr. Hibner has stated that he is very impressed with Dr. Potter's 3 Tesla MRI and he is going to get in touch with her.He has no objection to people going to Dr. Potter for 3 Tesla MRI.He does value her input.
As far as Dr. Filler's MRN is concerned,he doesn't believe that they are very accurate and rather very expensive.
Dr. Potter has indeed made a breakthrough.I believe Dr. Olga Kalinkin is as impresive as Dr. Potter ,but Dr. Potter is far more experienced.

Best Regards,
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
merrie

Re: Dr. Hibner's comment on Dr. Potter'S 3 Tesla MRI

Post by merrie »

So Ali -

You had the 3T MRI wirh Dr Olga in pheonix and the results were the same as Dr Potter? Does she work directly with Dr Hibner?

Im facinated since I have been DYING to have the 3T MRI by Dr Potter but there is no way I could endure the flight from Los Angeles to NY.

Im scheduled to see Dr Hibner next Wednesday and one of the items on my looonnngg list to talk to him about is if he recommends that I have the MRI.

Thanks!

Merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Merrie,
You can call Dr. Hibner's office to schedule a MRI of the Pudendal nerve and artery with Dr. Olga Kalinkin.She is in MRI division at St. Josephs's Hospital,but she is the one who looks ar MRI results for Dr. Hibner.You don't need to fly all the way to NYC for 3 Tesla MRI with Dr. Potter. :D

Best Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

AliPasha1 wrote:Hi everybody.

As far as Dr. Filler's MRN is concerned,he doesn't believe that they are very accurate and rather very expensive.
As I have said in the previous thread Good luck with your surgery. I am pleased that the 3T has helped you so much.

There is no difference in price between the MRN and the 3T MRI. It's just that Dr Potter takes insurance. The 3T is about a grand more expensive than the MRN. I'm not saying either is any better though.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Charlie,
That's what he meant that Dr. Filler's MRN is very expensive as compared to 3 Tesla MRI because Dr. Filler doesn't take insurance.Dr. Potter charged US $2,800 dollars which is the same price for a normal MRI of the whole Pelvis.I paid US $175 out of my pocket.The rest was taken care by ny insurance.
I am really thankful to Dr. Potter for saving me from all the agony of waiting.At least I have two proofs that she isn't wrong.This is indeed a great breakthrough in PNE imaging.
All compliments to Pelvis Stressly for bringing Dr. Potter to our attention.

Best Regards,
Ali
ezer

Post by ezer »

I think there is the technology but there is the radiologist's expertise too.
I had (completely independently of Dr.Filler) a series of 1.5T MRIs performed with and without contrast that were read by their top radiologist (my GP insisted on this particular person). Without having seen Dr.Filler's report, the radiologist found the same alcock/piriformis abnormalities as Dr.Filler and the report was virtually identical. I am sure that Dr.Filler derives more information from the MRN than what is on the brief report but it was comforting to have a good correlation.

Alipasha,
Does Dr.Olga use a 1.5T MRI or a 3T?
Last edited by ezer on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
ezer

Post by ezer »

AliPasha1 wrote:Hi Charlie,
That's what he meant that Dr. Filler's MRN is very expensive as compared to 3 Tesla MRI because Dr. Filler doesn't take insurance.Dr. Potter charged US $2,800 dollars which is the same price for a normal MRI of the whole Pelvis.I paid US $175 out of my pocket.The rest was taken care by ny insurance.
I am really thankful to Dr. Potter for saving me from all the agony of waiting.At least I have two proofs that she isn't wrong.This is indeed a great breakthrough in PNE imaging.
All compliments to Pelvis Stressly for bringing Dr. Potter to our attention.

Best Regards,
Ali
Alipasha,
The MRN is not performed by Dr.FIller. It is performed by "Open MRI", an independent facility in Pasadena. I paid the MRI place and not Dr.FIller for it. I assume that if I had a PPO they would have paid for it. It is a completely standard MRI machine.In the waiting room were people referred by their own doctors completely unrelated to Dr.FIller.

The special MRN "sauce" is the stream sent to the MRI coils and the post processing of the images to make the nerves visible. But the MRI itself is a plain vanilla GE 1.5T MRI. In other words, it is standard MRI procedure but it is the software that is different.
Last edited by ezer on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
JackieOUCH

Post by JackieOUCH »

Could someone please send all the information I need to have the Tesla 3 scan in New York to my private messages?

Exactly how the test should be ordered....script should be written...should my physician call.....etc....I think I have more than one nerve involved...so if you have any info in that area, it would be helpful as well.

Thanks so much,

Jackie OUCH
Started with severe burning sacral pain to R hip/pelvis, bladder, bowel
History Endometriosis
Antolak Diagnosed PN--1 PN block made pain much worse & more widespread for a year
PT 2 yrs--Did not help physically, but was educational
Potter MRI: Symmetric thickening Sacrotuberous ligaments/scarring ischial & Alcocks canal.
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

Jackie,

Ali knows exactly how the script should be written.... I know he posted it somewhere on this forum or maybe it was the old one, but I'm sure you could PM him and he'd gladly give it to you.

Sincerely,

A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
JackieOUCH

Post by JackieOUCH »

Thanks for the Ali and A's Mommy.

Do you know if the Tesla also shows other pelvic nerves, or will the individual nerves have to be specified in the MRI order????

Thanks again,

Jackie
Started with severe burning sacral pain to R hip/pelvis, bladder, bowel
History Endometriosis
Antolak Diagnosed PN--1 PN block made pain much worse & more widespread for a year
PT 2 yrs--Did not help physically, but was educational
Potter MRI: Symmetric thickening Sacrotuberous ligaments/scarring ischial & Alcocks canal.

Return to “MRI/MRN”