Sleep-related painful erections

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
TriMaverick

Sleep-related painful erections

Post by TriMaverick »

Can anyone tell me if sleep-related painful erections is familiar to PN subjects?

For the most part this symptom is only addressed in sleep medicine and the treatment approach has been pharmaceutical. I did see one neurology book connect it with testicular pain in a seated position. From my experience this pain followed a course similar to other symptoms, and dates back to about the same time. I was able to sleep by wearing looser underwear, but eventually found myself waking up from extreme pain during REM sleep cycles. All I could do to sleep was wait and swallow ibuprofen. If I experience erection shortly before I fell asleep it would be along the penile dorsal side, the same pathway where numbness was mainly concentrated this year. I never had erectile pain unrelated to sleep. I have experienced this pain infrequently since I got my new bike and none since the latest adjustments. But, in retrospect I was trying to put it all together and have a therapeutic plan should it recur.
Violet M

Re: Sleep-related painful erections

Post by Violet M »

Hi TM,

When I first joined the forum we had a dad posting about his college-age son with the same symptoms you are describing who had multiple painful erections at night. (That was just one of his symptoms) He ended up having the TG PNE surgery from Dr. Ansell and had major improvements. Last I heard he had gone on to architect school and was resuming his life.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

Thanks, it makes sense. Now if only the published journal articles could be so thorough maybe we'd have better diagnostics and treatment.
noomi

Post by noomi »

Depends there are lot of people out there who will treat you and make money, that's there only interest and then there are those who know what they are doing and they will help you to get better.

Sunil
noomi
ezer

Post by ezer »

I missed this thread when it was posted. Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
A SSRI like Prozac will do the trick and prevent some of the nighttime tumescence. Talk to your doctor.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
sydneysnoring

Post by sydneysnoring »

Snoring keeps the monsters away.. :)
Sleep is when all the unsorted stuff comes flying out as from a dustbin upset in a high wind..

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”