sacrum pain

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
thecatch24

sacrum pain

Post by thecatch24 »

I have been having pain in my sacrum that is debilitating. I believe I injured myself on a bicycle and the pain originated the the area of my pudendal nerve. I now have terrible sit pain and I can't stand for very long. My symptoms have progressed over five months with no end in sight. Is it possible that my pudendal nerve is responsible? I had a 3T Mri and it showed no entrapment on any nerves. I have seen a pain guy and have had some shots with no relief.

Thanks
janetm2

Re: sacrum pain

Post by janetm2 »

Welcome and yes it could be PN or PNE, the entrapments do not always show up on the MRI or MRN (mine was not there but definitely was there during surgery). You may want to see a PN aware PT, check out the home page that links to a list for all the places and find one near you. Also the FAQs have symptom list for comparison and steps to proceed for treatment. Good Luck and sorry you at not doing better but hopefully help is on thhe way.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”