DOXEPIN COULD BE THE ANSWER!

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
knormal1

DOXEPIN COULD BE THE ANSWER!

Post by knormal1 »

I am 40 years old this year; have been suffering from pudenal neuralgia w/constant sexual arousal for 9 years, every since I had my second child In 2003. I went from my primary care doctor who could not help me, he then referred me to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with Ankylosing spondylitis, and put me on Cymbalta & NSAIDS. He treated me for 4 years, but he could not figure out why I had hip pain & this "sensation" In my groin area, which was what I now know was "Constant Sexual Arousal Disorder", so then I was sent to an obgyn who diagnosed me with IC and gave me catheter treatments & medicine that made me sick, so I quit going. Still no relief from the hip & nerve pain.
Until I found this website and I printed off the Information and took It to a doctor who seen me on a sliding scale.
& She believed me. Finally!!! & She prescribed me Doxepin for the chronic pain. I am proud to say that I haven't felt this good In a long time. I have finally found relief. ......And I believe :D GOD had a hand In this too!
HerMajesty

Re: DOXEPIN COULD BE THE ANSWER!

Post by HerMajesty »

Congrats on finding something!
I was once given Zonalon cream, which is a topical form of doxepin, and it was the only topical that ever worked for me...Problem was, although I was applying a tiny amount at bedtime only, I had internal absorbtion and slept all day long for the couple of weeks I was on it. With that kind of reaction, I can't imagine how knocked out I would have been by the oral stuff. But I think that for those who can tolerate it, doxepin is definitely one of the more effective antidepressants for neuropathy symptoms.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
Violet M

Re: DOXEPIN COULD BE THE ANSWER!

Post by Violet M »

K, you might want to check out some of the posts on labral tears as it seems some of the docs are finding that hip pathologies and pudendal nerve irritation can be related.

Glad doxepin is working for you!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”