Consultation with Dr Azsmann

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
alexm

Consultation with Dr Azsmann

Post by alexm »

Hello all,
I was just wondering if any of you have any information about Dr Azsmann? I have been in contact with him recently and he seems to really know what he is talking about. Have any of you been to Austria to consult? If so, how did everything go? I am still desperately searching for treatment options here in Europe!
Much love
Al
I'm 37. Pain started suddenly in 2005 after heavy physical work. Had a two year period without pain between 2007 and 2009. Pain came back 2010 (too much yoga) and I finally got a diagnosis. Too many cortisone shots! No long term relief.I Don’t take many meds as pain rarely goes above 3 or 4. 2mg of valium once or twice a month. Recently diagnosed with bilateral fai and labral tears. Right side hip scope in July 2013...Second left side scope planned for later in the year...
Violet M

Re: Consultation with Dr Azsmann

Post by Violet M »

Al, there's a guy named Alipasha who went to Aszmann. At first he had some relief but then the pain came back. A's Mommy has also been to him. You could do a search of their posts. I've heard he's a very nice guy but haven't read much in the way of success stories here but it's possible that he has altered his approach since those early posts about him.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

I have had several consultations with him and a dorsal penile nerve block.
He is outstanding neurosurgeon and the best professional in terms of pudendal nerve I have ever met.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi flyer28,
Just wondering if you know of any success stories yet with Dr Azsmans dorsal nerve surgery ? Are you considering it yet? It seems those who had the surgery had penile pain and ED symptoms . I have neither . only sit pain and penile numbness. My sit pain is mainly A little forward of Alcock and though I have no anal/rectal pain I do have a numbish perineum and some pain on either cheek alongside the perineum. It seems the dorsal nerve surgery is simple with an initial quick recovery . its just later that it all turns bad. I sent an email to Dr Azsmann tonight hoping he has data of past surgeries.
Take care,
7/09 penile numbness, sitting discomfort after injury 2 weeks post vasectomy.Neurologists MRIs and urologists. 2/10 Dr Antolak steroid injections ,PN diagnosis. 3/10 MRN. 12/11 Periformis /pudendal surgery Dr Filler . 5/12 "Headache in the Pelvis " . 9/12 Potter MRI .11/12 Dr Hibner -Botox,Sclaritization, nerve block .Worsening.Scheduled for Right TG Surgery with Dr Hibner April 2013.
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Hi Earl
it is difficult to judge overall succes of dorsal nerve surgery, to few cases are known. Of course, there are some success stories, more on the dr. Aszmann record than on dr.Dellon, I would say. I am in regular contact with one guy who benefitted from his surgery very much. I guess even in this forum there are some such cases, I remember that guy from Sweden and the guy from German section.
Of course there are also failures, even those who seemed to be perfect candidates for operation with clear cut symptoms...
I did not definitely exclude the operation in my case, but would like to avoid it. Still believe that my pain is more general symptom of pelvic myoneuropathy than a single entrapment case. My pain is bilteral, sometimes more dull, sometimes more burning. Clearly that there is some pudendal neuropathy, but would prefer to avoid operation.My pain is in the areas of ischiocavernosus muscles and I feel like my penis is "taped" inside the body. No numbness or ED.
Regarding the numbness, dr.Aszmann in his article wrote the the penile numbness is more indicative for entrapment than pain.
Tell us the outcomes and statistics if dr.Aszmann will send you some data.
All the best
Flyer28
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”