pain down to 1 out of 10

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
rick

pain down to 1 out of 10

Post by rick »

A week ago, after a few days of gruesome pain, mainly in my penis; burning and pinching (8 or 9 out of 10) I changed my meds.

I now take:
180 mg of Cymbalta at breakfast.
600 mg of Lyrica at breakfast.
54 mg of Concerta at breakfast - for alertness.
.4 mg of flomax.
Daily vitamin.

I added the following:
5 mg of Oxtybutynin-XL at breakfast and 5 mg in the evening. Antispasmodic.
Vitamin D3 2 x 2,000 IU at breakfast, the same in the evening.

I now am almost pain free, and have been for a week. Of course I don't know if will last.

Rick
calluna

Re: pain down to 1 out of 10

Post by calluna »

That's wonderful news Rick! Long may this continue.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Fantastic, Rick :D Here's hoping this improvement lasts and lasts and . . . . .
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, that's great Rick! It's amazing what one little change can do...

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Rick--does the cymbalta cause nausea for you and if so what has helped.
rick

Post by rick »

I really haven't had any problems with the Cymbalta. I only got some pain relief at 120 mg, 180 helped even more. I had to go to above 600 mg on Lyrica, before I got any relief. I am trying to stay at 600 now. My low pain days were short lived. Back to sixes or sevens now.

I am thinking of just embracing the pain, quit fighting it, see if I can gain an upper hand with that approach.

I don't know, but the pain seems to get the upper hand only if I stretch the nerve too far. But I can't sit around, not who I am.

Take care,

Rick
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

[quote="rick My low pain days were short lived. Back to sixes or sevens now.

I am thinking of just embracing the pain, quit fighting it, see if I can gain an upper hand with that approach.

But I can't sit around, not who I am.

Take care,

Rick[/quote]

Sorry to hear that your 1 pain days are were over so quickly rick :(
Acceptance is a well recognised therapy for intractable pain problems, maybe some cognitive approach will help. Your problem is going to be your last sentence
rick wrote:But I can't sit around, not who I am
and I can totally relate ;)
It is a question of pacing the activities out instead to get the best balance (not who I am at all either) but if you do get into a state pain and movement wise, realise that it is all of your own doing, it probably could have been avoided and that you will always recover and get back to base line pain but it may take a little while.
I just make sure that the events that lead to any extended and heighten pain, can always be viewed as worth it :)
I have lived this scenario many times ;)

Take more care than I often do ;) but do
Take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”