Dr. Aron Filler

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
shana

Dr. Aron Filler

Post by shana »

Has anybody been treated by Dr. Aron Filler, Institute of Nerve Management, Sanata Monica, CA. He states on his website that his success rate for surgery is 85-90% which seems really high as most other surgeons report a success rate of about 50%. Any information on him would be appreciated
Thanks
Shana
'08 diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis
'09 vestibulectomy-Dr. Goldstein-failed
'11 right labral repair and release-Dr. Coleman
2/10-8/12 severe depression, minimal dr appointmen
4 different physical therapists '08-'12 no improvement whatsoever
'13 pudendal nerve blocks-Dr. Chapman
More PT
Dr. Conway officially diagnosed PN/PNE 7/13
9/13 Bilateral hip repair Dr. Coleman
10/13-5/14 Major Depression, no dr appointments
More PT
6/14 Dr. Hibner confirmed diagnosis
Looking for help..hoping for answers
helen1000

Re: Dr. Aron Filler

Post by helen1000 »

I was not treated by Dr. Filler but had MRN with him. First his stuff kept sending my bill to BCBS of California. I live in Michigan, had procedure in Ohio, and have BCBS of Texas. Finally I had to take process into my hands and contacted my insurance and paid the reminder of the bill. By the way the bill was bigger than initially discussed. They did not send report before little war and asked for money to send CD.
And than all of the sudden they charged twice my credit card that I gave them just in case for full amount. My husband was furious and contacted credit card and reported fraud charges.

I also have heard that there were several court cases against Dr. Filler. I do not know any details. But have a look at internet.

On the other side some patients have written excellent reviews at vitals.com.

Anyway this is what I know.

Helen
8 nerve blocks rel 6 w.Met Dr. Peters,Dr. Antolack.Dr. Peters pacemaker,Dr Antolack TG operation.Maigne s.Internal PT at Dr Peters Nothing.PFCN block rel 6 w. PFCN RFA.Nothing.SI joint RFA.Nothing.Left scar tissue removal.Good.SIJD. PT of SI joint ME, and Prolo of SI and PS.Lumbar spine facets turned left. ME. T10-12 facets too wide.T10 turned left.ME and Prolo.Labral tears in left hip, spurs.Will have operation at 09/18/13,Met with Dr Conway.EMG shows left PN problem.Good impression of Dr C.
shana

Post by shana »

Thanks Helen, I didn't see anything on this site about him though his name is listed under the doctor tab which is why I'm asking but if he had a bunch of court cases I need to stay away. Gonna look into it. Thanks.
Shana
More PT
More PT
ezer

Post by ezer »

shana wrote:Thanks Helen, I didn't see anything on this site about him though his name is listed under the doctor tab which is why I'm asking but if he had a bunch of court cases I need to stay away. Gonna look into it. Thanks.
Shana
Shana, use the search function on the upper right hand corner of this page. There are close to 600 posts on Dr.Filler.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Good advice from ezer. He is not by any means all bad as a practitioner, but he overstates his success rate. I had the MRN from him and was a satisfied customer, but i did decline the treatment he offered as a result. He does not take insurance and in my opinion if your funds are limited, his real success rate is not something that should lead you to pay out of pocket for anything that another practitioner will do with insurance coverage.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
shana

Post by shana »

I must have spelled his name wrong when I did a search last time because nothing came up, I did do a search again and I see there are many posts so I will go through them
As far as not taking insurance that doesn't scare me as I can probably get an in-network exception to get it covered. If he truly has a higher success rate it may be worth it if however his success rate is just ballooned to make him sound good then there's no reason to use him
More PT
More PT
ezer

Post by ezer »

Shana, I will be happy to respond to specific questions once you have read through the posts on Dr.Filler. Please note that his 85-90% is based on any improvement patients report.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Meliora

Post by Meliora »

Shana, I think his name is spelled Aaron Filler. I could be wrong though. I thought of using his MRI protocol when I first heard of PN being my problem. I decided the cost was not what I wanted to spend. I went with a locally done Dr. Potter protocol that my insurance helped with....was much much better cost wise. Some doctors like the MRI, some do not find it useful. As for a surgeon, I have personally chosen not to use him. He is very costly and if I chose not to use insurance, I have two other surgeons in mind that I feel best meet my needs.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I had a clinical examination with Dr Filler when he first set up a clinic in London. There was nothing else on offer then although they do have the MRN now and I believe they offer MRN guided injection there too. Obviously he offers the full surgical package in the US.
I found him to be very knowledgeable and could not have been more impressed and happy with his diganosis of 'a complex variant of the piriformis syndrome involving the scaiatic, pudendal and superior gluteal nerves.
I realised later that he does seem to favour the piriformis diagnoses in general BUT he did get it right in my case, where no one else here had a clue. I could not fault him.
He is expensive although the cost is 'negotiable' but the admin side is often a shambles. I think that there are quite a few complaints re costs and charges rather than treatment? but best to check obviously.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “SURGERY”