chronic fatigue disorder

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Grammy

chronic fatigue disorder

Post by Grammy »

Have any of you experienced severe fatigue due to the issue that pne is a constant irritation to the mind and body. It is just always there and it makes me want to lay down all the time. I know that I suffer from depression but this fatigue is different than the fatigue that you get from working hard at something/ It is bone chilling tiredness. I know that for me it takes so much energy to get through a good day that I suffer for days after because of it. Now I am talking about a day of going to a few stores or to get the groceries. Even the medication provigil does not help. I wonder if this is normal for most pain syndromes. If any of you take a medication that really helps you will you please share it with us.
TracyB7777

Re: chronic fatigue disorder

Post by TracyB7777 »

Alas, I can understand that kind of fatigue. I now have a folding lawn chair in the office that I can take into the conference room to nap during my lunch break. I also take one day off in the middle of the week to pretty much sleep. I can't make it through an entire week right now. However by napping during the day and taking a day off I'm doing a lot better. I was falling asleep every night as soon as I got home. I just couldn't hold my head up or my eyes open. I don't know what the overall solution is. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them too.

Tracy
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
rick

Re: chronic fatigue disorder

Post by rick »

I take 108 mg of Concerta each morning to deal with fatigue. Concerta is timed release Ritalin and has helped me immensely. My main goal in trying Concerta was to heighten my alertness. I drive, use power tools, climb on my roof etc, if needed. In doing so, I had 3 falls, 1 slight car wreck, and often would question my capability.

Side effects from pain medications, especially 1200 mg of Lyrica; plus insomnia, severe sleep apnea and constant discomfort/pain had taken me to the point of eye burning, bone aching fatigue.

Concerta has pretty much turned my life around. I can stay alert for about 12 hours. I am so much less tired. Kudos to my psychiatrist for agreeing to go the maximum.

Rick

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”