New Articles from the French on PNE

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
A's Mommy

New Articles from the French on PNE

Post by A's Mommy »

Hi everyone,

Didn't have to time to thoroughly review each abstract, but since I thought I had "IC" for so long, turns out I'm still on their emailing list, and this link was brought up along with this blurb:

Likely because of work of French pudendal nerve entrapment syndrome pioneer Professor Roger Robert, a number of articles focus on nerve damage as a source of pelvic and perineal pain and give guidance on treatment. Articles are included on nerve damage from surgery and how to manage it, how to test for nerve problems, how to use nerve blocks (which are called an integral part of pelvic and perineal pain management), and when pudendal nerve surgery is appropriate (when all other treatments have failed) and the ways it is performed.
Two articles emphasize the importance of understanding anatomy (including neuroanatomy) well, doing thorough examinations, and taking thorough patient histories so urologists can diagnose the sources of pain correctly and decide on the best treatment approaches. Another article, on the doctor-patient relationship, emphasizes that doctors should believe the patient, avoid making the patient feel responsible for failure, avoid overestimating the secondary benefits, avoid making the patient passive and dependent, learn to reinterpret the patient's symptoms, ask “how” the pain persists rather than “why,” clearly define the patient’s needs, and adapt management to realistic and accessible goals. Because pain is an emotional experience, the type of relationship the doctor has with the patient determines the quality of management, said the authors.
You can read summaries for professionals of each article in the issue at this web page http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/11667087. Click on “show preview” and scroll down for the English-language summary.

Sincerely,
A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
nyt

Re: New Articles from the French on PNE

Post by nyt »

Thanks for posting. Wish I could read French.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Babel fish translation is a good way to read the articles. copy and paste the French text.

au.babelfish.yahoo.com
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
calluna

Post by calluna »

If you click on 'show preview' and scroll down, there is an English translation.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”