are these symptoms related to PN as well?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
bikelover

are these symptoms related to PN as well?

Post by bikelover »

Hello fellas, over these last weeks, I've noticed that my condition has worsen somewhat. Some weeks ago, I could still do some exercise without pain or discomfort, I was running 6 kms daily. Now, I've had to slow the pace quite a bit, and only doing 4 kms, or just walking. I'm also starting to experience a general soreness in both my buttocks, a little below the hip, from the center of the buttock and to the outside. I may venture to say this are the gluteus muscles but could also be the piriformis? Can this be a secondary effect of PN or another related nerve? I do not get pain traveling to the legs all the way to the foot. My symptoms have always been pain while seating, in the area near what I think is the trajectory of the nerve, tight rectum, golf ball sensation in my worst days, and now these overall soreness in my buttocks and hips, and sometimes I can feel weird, electric like sensations on certain postures They are not painfull, but uncomfortable. I'm using a kabooti cushion that somewhat allows me to sit when I must without causing to much of the pain symptoms that I have in the pudendal area, but its really uncomfortable and over time, it has made my buttocks somewhat sore. Don't know if this could be a reason... I've been at a PT for trigger point therapy, but that has not helped much overall, even though he has found many trigger points all over my butt, tighs, etc etc.
Really thinking to taking a trip to the US and get an MRN..
bma

Re: are these symptoms related to PN as well?

Post by bma »

Dear,
Think are spasms of the levator ani muscles , caused by PN . I had this syndrome before PN . However , given the general incompetence of the medical profession , especially urologists ( practically summarize their lives to prostate treatments and performing surgeries useless and dangerous ) , was diagnosed with prostatitis ( dammm ) . There are a number of muscles that go into spasm and give the feeling of golf ball in rectum, if your pain is not burning , these muscles are : piriformis , obturator internus muscle , pubococcigeno , elevator ani muscles etc .

They act as a shell , involving rectum, nerves , prostate, bladder etc. . Unfortunately , most doctors missed classes on pelvic floor and if you are a man and you're with the golf ball , or you have rectal cancer or prostatitis . This is stupid, but our western medical crew not have time to treat us in 1h medical research because they earn much more cutting us on an surgery at the same time. The awfull truth.

The treatment for these spasms often very effective , unlike treatments for PN : Local heat , muscle relaxants ( consult your physician ) , massages ( Trigger Points ) , and improve digestion.
- Blocking done by Dr. Luciano Braun, Brazil
- bLock in piriformis - no response
- Physiotherapy, good response, 50%
- Therapy with low lidocaine infusion, good response .30%
- Surgery? Perhaps. But I'm incredulous.
Violet M

Re: are these symptoms related to PN as well?

Post by Violet M »

bikelover wrote: Now, I've had to slow the pace quite a bit, and only doing 4 kms, or just walking. I'm also starting to experience a general soreness in both my buttocks, a little below the hip, from the center of the buttock and to the outside. I may venture to say this are the gluteus muscles but could also be the piriformis? Can this be a secondary effect of PN or another related nerve?.
I can only say from my own experience what began as a small localized pain in the pudendal nerve area eventually developed into generalized pain throughout the whole pelvis and included many pelvic muscles (piriformis, obturator internus, levator ani muscles) and the whole area just felt bruised -- like I had been hit with a baseball bat all over. This has all resolved since having pudendal nerve decompression so my conclusion is that at least for me -- all of these other symptoms were secondary effects of PN. Each patient is different though so I don't know if this is the case for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”