PNE vs PN damage

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Chex

PNE vs PN damage

Post by Chex »

Curious...Is there a difference in symptoms between PNE and PN damage? How would a Dr. be able to diagnose which you have?
Violet M

Re: PNE vs PN damage

Post by Violet M »

Chex, the Nantes Criteria article http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... iteria.pdf discusses how to tell if you have a nerve entrapment although I have to say I did not fit the criteria exactly even though is had an entrapment. But that article will give you some ideas.

History and exam are important in determining whether you have an entrapment but my understanding is that you may not be able to know for sure if it's an entrapment just through diagnostic tests. I don't think there has been a diagnostic tool developed that is 100% accurate in determining whether it's PN or PNE. My strategy was to try conservative therapies first and if those didn't work, move towards the more invasive.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”