Feeling low

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Lenny33

Feeling low

Post by Lenny33 »

Hi, tonight feeling lower than have done for many a year & found myself coming back to the site hopefully for one like minded support. Ain't going to do nothing sill but feel desperate. I travel long way for my physio and after session few weeks ago pain has worsened. Felt like she was very heavy handed trying to smooth out those tight trigger point ridden pf muscles. She gave me diagnosis of chronic pelvic floor syndrome which she says is 75% muscle 25% pudendal. Others have said not pudendal, who knows, just constant anal pain that struggling to manage and feel physio may of permanently worsened things. A true accepted diagnosis would be great but don't think will ever get one after years with this pain. Feeling very alone tonight. Kids haven't seen there tre dad for a wee while. Len
janetm2

Re: Feeling low

Post by janetm2 »

Lenny,
So sorry you are having a tough time right now. Also missing family,canyou at least talk or email or text until you can see them again? I know how hard it is to be apart as I only saw my brother once in the last three years of his life because neither of is could travel. I am traveling a bit so I can see his with and son and hopefully some cousins. I do hope you can get a diagnosis with one of the doctors or at least the PT starts to help. Do you medicine to help you or ableto get something from your doctor. There are many to try and help you lower the pain. Take care
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Re: Feeling low

Post by Violet M »

Lenny, I'm sorry to hear PT hasn't worked for you. Myofascial release PT made me worse so I can understand the disappointment of not having PT work. I'm not sure what the therapist means by 75% muscle 25% pudendal but I can tell you that for me, just having the nerve released from entrapment allowed the muscles to eventually relax. If your problem was primarily muscular, you would expect pelvic floor myofascial release to provide at least a bit of relief. Do you have any plans on what to do next?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”