PN and Varicose Veins in the leg - any connetion?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
fangshi

PN and Varicose Veins in the leg - any connetion?

Post by fangshi »

Friends,

I posted here a few years ago because of moderate problems and symptoms which point to PN and pelvic muscle tension. In the last few month my symptoms like premature ejaculation, frequenzy and muscle tightness in the legs got gradually worse. Unfortunately as a student in Germany, neither my financial situation nor my treatment options are great, because of a embarassing lack of awareness and competence among German health practictioners and therapeuts, who them to be totally oblivious of our condition. So I havent got any diagnosis or help for my condition yet.

Well anyway, one of the newer problems I have are varicose veins. It started with one on my right tight like 4 years ago, but in the last 12 month I also developed varicose veins under the right knee. The typically enlarged, twisted veins. But its growing fast, I can see a big difference in the last 6 month. When I am standing I feel alot of pressure on the vein, like its almost bursting. Its really concerning me.

And somehow I feel like its connected to the pelvic muscle tension and pudental nerve problems. I mean: Why would I as a 27 yo, healthy, slim male develop varicose veins all of a sudden?

Couldnt it be, that the veins, which go throught the pelvic floor are constricted somehow, the same way that the nerve gets constricted/irritated?

Are you guys aware of any connection between PN/CPPS and varicose veins in the leg? How should I go about it? Any useful tests to check for constrictions of the vein in the pelvic floor? I already KNOW that any doctor in Germany will say there is no connection between the two things and that VVs are genetical/because of damaged valves, like they always display a total lack of creativity and thinking out of the box.
But I hesitate to operate of them, as long as I feel the ROOT CAUSE could very well be connected to the whole screwed pelvic floor thing and that it would just be a question of time that another vein gets enlarged because of it.

So any experience with this? Anybody else got varicose veins and thinks its connected? Is it even anatomically possible to get varicose veins because of some constriction/tightness in the pelvic region?

Thanks.
fangshi
Rosemary

Re: PN and Varicose Veins in the leg - any connetion?

Post by Rosemary »

I have tight pelvic muscles in the vulva area. An acupuncturist i went to found sore trigger points in muscles all along the mid inner thigh to my ankle.
Also sore points in my abdomen, under one arm and near collar bone.
If this is the way tight pelvic muscles cause these sort of problems elsewhere in muscles in the body maybe there is a connection to VV as well ??
Sorry not a direct answer to your question.
Violet M

Re: PN and Varicose Veins in the leg - any connetion?

Post by Violet M »

Fangshi, most docs will tell you that varicose veins in the pelvic area have no connection with pelvic pain because there are so many people who have VV in that area who don't have pain or symptoms. The only publication I can remember that suggests that an enlarged blood vessel in the pelvic area may press on the pudendal nerve and cause pain is Dr. Marc Possover. You can read my post about this. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... ces#p15738

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”