I am finding work extremely difficult, I have a donut cushion which helps, but I end up in so much pain by about lunchtime that I'm up & down off my chair all day, the pain and knotting on one side of my buttock is severe enough but then I get what feels like stinging nettle prickles spreading from my buttock down the back top of thigh and feeling like my clothing is shrinking to my skin even though I'm wearing oversize trousers to compensate, standing up is the only way for relief. I'm not sure if anyone can relate to this feeling, it seems like PNE causes so many differing symptoms in people.
Medication wise I'm on 300g of Pregabalin daily.
Yesterday my Dr confirmed they were going to assume I have PNE and refer me to Pain Management Clinic & the Physio and as I work for the NHS a referral to Occupational Health for work reasons. I have spoken to my boss to do the referral at work for them to look at equipment/adaptations to my job and have a meeting set up with her to complete the forms. Does anyone have any good information which I could hand to my employers to explain the condition and what might help, I really don't know where to start, its quite embarrasing explaining you have a pain in the bottom which when you sit for extended periods of time engulfs your whole pelvic area and feels like your clothing is strangling your whole pelvic area & thighs, I'll sound like a lunatic
Any advice appreciated, I cannot afford to give up my job or reduce my hours as already struggling to pay the bills every month, I am 42 so have quite a few working years left in me yet hopefully.
PS I live in the UK so can only get equipment available here