internal physio

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Positivepoppy

internal physio

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi has anyone used a "thermawand" or a similar product for administering internal pelvic floor physio in between regular physio therapy sessions? Currently paying for private sessions but have read the importance of trying to maintain the treatment at home on a daily basis and wondering if this device is beneficial?
Thanks
Positivepoppy

Re: internal physio

Post by Positivepoppy »

For trigger point release of pelvic floor?
Would appreciate any input, no pun intended!
nyt

Post by nyt »

My pelvic floor PT recommends dilators. They sell them at my PT group and they come in different sizes and they have you start at a smaller size and work your way up in size. Dr. Howard said you can use different size vibrators if they are cheaper.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

Hi Poppy
Yes, my physio recommended the thermawand "magic wand" pre op. She said to use it a few times a week in between my sessions with her. I tried it on my pressure spots on my tight pelvic floor but I was in too much pain pre op. Do not use it every day and only start with 1 or 2 days a week and then work your way up. Bring it in to physio and ask your physio to show you how to use it. I bought mine from my physiotherapist for $80.
I may possible try it again once I am back at physio on July.
I hope this helps?

Lara
Geraldine

Post by Geraldine »

Hi Poppy

I'm not sure if the Thermwand Magic wand is the same as the wand that Ruth Jones recommends. She recommends the Ez Magic Wand for working on the internal trigger points. I ordered mine from http://www.icrelief.com and it came very quickly. I agree with Lara in that you would need some guidance from your physio on how to use it and how often. I'm not finding it easy but am persevering!!

Geraldine
Laramarie

Post by Laramarie »

Yes.... Mine looks exactly like the EZ magic! It is a dark purple medical grade glass. I did know that it can be used cold ...... Interesting! I guess the curved design is so that you can reach both sides of the pudendal nerve easily when you are inside. My physio had no problem finding the tense spots when she was teaching me how to use this thing. As I said I could not use it pre op because I was entrapped but may try again once I start back up to physio in a few months. If I need to use it? I am hoping I won't need to......
chrissy

Post by chrissy »

Mine is the EZ wand. Ruth Jones taught my husband how to use it which is much easier than doing it yourself. To start off I used it every day and now a couple of times a week.
Positivepoppy

Post by Positivepoppy »

Thank you all for your advice and prompt responses, really helps to find out as much info as possible. My physio is going to show my husband what to do next week and I'll mention the EZ wand, I think he'd feel more confident using the wand.
Thank you and hope you are all ok

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”