Seriously depressed ... please help!!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
manifestwill89

Seriously depressed ... please help!!

Post by manifestwill89 »

Hi everyone,

My name is Gaby and I'm 24 years old. I'm going to try to condense this as much as possible while still providing enough detail.

I got into a new relationship last July and my boyfriend neglected to tell me that he had genital herpes until after we'd had sex. So, fast forward to November 2013. I began to have intense anal pain, especially during bowel movements. This progressed over the next week to hypersensivity all over my vulvar area, and I thought I was experiencing a herpes outbreak because I got the flu at the same time. I never got any actual herpes sores, but I did test positive for HSV1 on a blood test.
For the whole month of November, I had excruciating pain in the entire vulva and anus. Any clothes brushing up against me was really painful. I also had painful vaginal and anal spasms, and that area felt engorged and hurt when I would cough, laugh, or sneeze. I experienced an acute case of urinary retention at one point. However, the pain went away by the first week of December, or at least 90% gone. I felt so relieved.

Then, boom. In January, my boyfriend and I took a road trip to NY. 12-hour drive both ways, and so I was sitting for hours. I didn't have much "pain" but I felt an ache in my clitoris. The first time we had sex when we got back, I was left numb in the area around the vaginal opening. This subsided a bit after a week and a half, but it has gradually gotten worse and worse over the last four months. My sex drive has diminished dramatically due to lack of sensation. I am now numb in my vulva and anus, and the numbness is worse after sex and after an orgasm. My orgasms also are not intense as they used to be.

I have had two MRIs (pelvic and lumbar) and they have shown nothing. I started PT about 3 weeks ago but it hasn't shown any improvement. I also got a donut cushion around the same time, but no difference. I'm scared to death because I'm losing feeling so quickly and it's affecting my sex life horribly.

Does anyone have any experience with numbness? Not only am I numb, but my clitoris and outer labia are smaller and shrinking up. This to me looks like a problem of blood flow. Why would I get affected this way and not have pain?

Please, if you have information to offer, I'd really appreciate it. I'm desperate for a solution. I'm stressed all the time because of this.
Patty

Re: Seriously depressed ... please help!!

Post by Patty »

Have you been to a gynecologist? Has anybody placed you on acyclovir or Valtrex due to your history and HSV testing?
nyt

Re: Seriously depressed ... please help!!

Post by nyt »

As Patty suggested, you should really see your gyn.

Is the PT with a pelvic floor PT? You might want to ask them who they recommend you see if your gyn is not helpful. The International Pelvic Pain Society website has a link that you can search on doctors that specialize in pelvic pain in your area.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”