Hysteroscopy & PN

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Rosemary

Hysteroscopy & PN

Post by Rosemary »

Hi to any ladies

I had a transvaginal scan last week and it has been recommended that i have a Hysteroscopy as the uterus lining is slightly thickened and i have recently wiped away small amounts of blood - i am postmenopausal and have been using localised HRT to try to help the nerve pain.

I just wonder if any ladies with PN have had a Hysteroscopy done with no harmful further effects - i have vulva pain on one side and tight muscles around the vulva due to the nerve pain.

Just would like to ask some advise really if any of you would go ahead with this routine operation when you have tight pelvic floor muscles - would you forsee a high risk of things getting worse or have many of you had routine surgery or investigations and been ok.

Thank you

Rosemary X
birdlife

Re: Hysteroscopy & PN

Post by birdlife »

Hi Rosemary, just seen your post. I underwent a hysteroscopy without anaesthetic, 2yrs ago when i was presenting with identical symptoms to yours.
The hysteroscopy didnt affect my PN (i have perineal pain, left and right though worse on left), what it did do was cause wave after wave of labour-like contractions :shock: for what seemed an interminable time. Some women sail through it apparently, retrospectively I can't imagine how, and some opt for anaethesia first. I was offered it half way through by the consultant who was very sympathetic, but i didnt see the point at that stage.
Have you had the hysteroscopy done yet, how did you get on? My results were good, minor erosion and the thickening of the lining was within limits. So, worth the pain but will opt for anaesthetic if there's a next time, a local anyway.
Take care,
PN, possible entrapment at ischial spine -Dr.Natasha Curran, National Hospital for Neurology, London.
2 -Xray guided double nerve blocks -Dr.Baranowski - no relief.
TP self-massage reduced piriformis pressure on p nerve.
Dr.Greenslade/Bristol:
CT guided block (left) 16.7.12- success! Could sit without a cushion! On a brick wall!
06/2/13 - Sit pain gradually returned, L3. Offered further CT-guided block, or an op. Had to decline at time.
Feb '15. Applying to be referred again to Dr G.
Rosemary

Re: Hysteroscopy & PN

Post by Rosemary »

Birdlife

Thanks for your reply.

I did not have the hysteroscopy done - i refused it - it was offered under a general anesthetic but the consultant could not guarantee that my vulva pain would not worsen and who knows what they might do when i was knocked out.

I had been using localised HRT -oestrogen - to help with my vulva problem - i have since stopped using it as this is causing my womb lining to thicken.

I can't face anything that will cause me more pain at the moment and mentally i am not in a good place either.

I feel treatments are giving me yet more problems - no one cares that i still have a womb when prescribing oestrogen use long term and i am not sure that the nerve block i had has done me any good at all either.

From my inital small vulva pain i am in a lot of pain and have a lot muscle tightness nowadays. My trust in medics is rock bottom.

Rosemary X

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”