Pain

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Pontormo

Pain

Post by Pontormo »

Thanks
Last edited by Pontormo on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Re: A DESPERATE CALL FOR HELP! - penile pain and urinary urg

Post by Violet M »

Hi,

Sounds pretty tough what you are going through. Have you tried any antidepressants (tricyclics like amitriptyline)? Not a cure but if often helps with the feeling of needing to urinate frequently. If you have penile hypersensitivity you could try some lidocaine spray for temporary relief. These are just temporary relief suggestions but every little thing helps when you are in pain.

You could also check out some of Ezer's recent posts on mindbody therapy. Some people have found it helpful.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pontormo

Re:

Post by Pontormo »

Thanks for your compassionate reply.
Last edited by Pontormo on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Pontormo, the tricyclic antidepressants (such as amitriptyline or nortriptyline) are in a completely different class of drugs than pregabalin and may at least help the urinary symptoms. SSRI antidepressants (lexapro) helped some with the urinary symptoms I experienced.

Have you tried benzodiazepines? Clonazepam helped me to get a few hours of sleep a night. It is not a pain killer but it does help promote sleep. There are other benzos you could try too -- such as valium.

Just suggesting some possible temporary measures that might help you stay sane until you get the right treatment. Another thing I used to do when I thought I was going insane was to alternate sitting in a shallow tub of very warm water alternating with very cold water.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Hello Violet,

Lidocaine has always caused a terrible burning sensation on my skin. Do you know of another drug or product chemically unrelated to lidocaine that has a temporary numbing numbing effect?

Thank you,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's a good question, Stephanie. The Mayo clinic website has a list of topical anesthetics but I don't know if they would work for neuropathic pain. http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplem ... g-20070024

Some people have tried some compounded creams with gabapentin and ketamine in them.

Violet
Blossum

Post by Blossum »

Hi Stephanie
I was prescribed a compounded cream prescribed by Dr Hibner. It reads "versa base cream/ketamine 10%" ... I kept it in the fridge and applied it as needed to my private areas. The cooling effect really helped the broken glass feeling that I had post-op. I also had problems with lidocaine and a burning sensation when I applied it to my skin. I guess these are very sensitive areas.....

Blossum
PNE since 2011, started from a routine gynecology surgery. TG surgery Dr Hibner 2013..... Nerve pain improved.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Thank you Blossum. I will ask my doctor about this at my upcoming appointment.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Thank you also, Violet. Somehow I missed your post at first. I will look into the options and see what my doctor is willing to prescribe.
Pontormo

Re:

Post by Pontormo »

Thank you for your suggestions
Last edited by Pontormo on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”