Does anyone have PGAD in vagina,not clirorus!? (sorry)

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
LindseyD

Does anyone have PGAD in vagina,not clirorus!? (sorry)

Post by LindseyD »

Does any of u have persistant genital arousal disorder in vaginal opening-the inside,not the clitorus??? Can ANYTHING help it????? Ive read about creams and meds to help that symptom, but at the same time women talk mostly about it being their clitorus,which isnt my case. I have delt with other symptoms... but this is the one driving me over the egde.
Blossum

Re: Does anyone have PGAD in vagina,not clirorus!? (sorry)

Post by Blossum »

Hi Lindsey
Does it feel like a tightening feeling in the vagina? .... But also kind of like an arousal type feeling? I have felt that a few times the past week. I thought my muscles were acting up so I have been using vaginal suppositories baclofen/valium 2x day and they help. You need a prescription from your doctor and these have to be compounded from a special pharmacy. Is the feeling persistent or are you able to have any relief?
PNE since 2011, started from a routine gynecology surgery. TG surgery Dr Hibner 2013..... Nerve pain improved.
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Yes my PGAD is exactly where you describe it, drives me up the flipping wall.
LindseyD

Post by LindseyD »

Blossum wrote:Hi Lindsey
Does it feel like a tightening feeling in the vagina? .... But also kind of like an arousal type feeling? I have felt that a few times the past week. I thought my muscles were acting up so I have been using vaginal suppositories baclofen/valium 2x day and they help. You need a prescription from your doctor and these have to be compounded from a special pharmacy. Is the feeling persistent or are you able to have any relief?
Yes! Since it started I catch myself naturally tightening it. And the Arousal feeling feels like it goes deep in the vagina hole. And it started Sunday,and it hasent gone away since. I saw the OBGYN and he offered no help. Did the supposotories help with the arousal feeling a lot?? Is this a symotom with PN? Just wondering, Cause although I suspect PN with my problem as far as other symptoms.I dont have sharp stabbing pain like many others. I have more.of a lot od numbness,pins and needles,some achyness,that includes my thighs,occationally one foot and even toes. This arousal though has been the one thing that scares me most.
Bertie wrote:Yes my PGAD is exactly where you describe it, drives me up the flipping wall.
Bertie, have you tried much for this symptom and had any luck with anything for even a minute of releaf?
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Your pelvic floor will be more than likely to tight, so you need to learn the opposite of pelvic floor exercises, and learn to drop and flop the pelvic floor look it up on google.at one point I was having a mini orgasm every time I moved my left leg, walking the dogs for an hour was awful, the mini orgasams have now stopped and I am left with a fullnes/aching/arousel in the vagina.......but it is better than it was a year ago. I am afraid there are no miracle cures. There is a closed FB group that I find very helpful.
Blossum

Post by Blossum »

Hi Lindsey

I am 1 year post op decompression surgery for PNE. I have absolutely no more nerve pain. I do have muscle spasms in the "levator ani" muscle. I feel that my tightening sensation is muscular because the suppositories help. I have also been taught to do my own physiotherapy on this muscle. Have you tried physiotherapy?
PNE since 2011, started from a routine gynecology surgery. TG surgery Dr Hibner 2013..... Nerve pain improved.
LindseyD

Post by LindseyD »

Bertie wrote:Your pelvic floor will be more than likely to tight, so you need to learn the opposite of pelvic floor exercises, and learn to drop and flop the pelvic floor look it up on google.at one point I was having a mini orgasm every time I moved my left leg, walking the dogs for an hour was awful, the mini orgasams have now stopped and I am left with a fullnes/aching/arousel in the vagina.......but it is better than it was a year ago. I am afraid there are no miracle cures. There is a closed FB group that I find very helpful.
For me its constant... it isnt just by me moving a certain way. :-\ You say you did that drop and flop therapy... but, you still have constant arousal??

Blossum wrote:Hi Lindsey

I am 1 year post op decompression surgery for PNE. I have absolutely no more nerve pain. I do have muscle spasms in the "levator ani" muscle diagnosed my PN surgeon. I feel that my tightening sensation is muscular because the suppositories help. I have also been taught to do my own physiotherapy on this muscle. Have you tried physiotherapy?
I am glad you are so much better with surgery. I have heard many horror storries with surgery so I have decided that even if that presents itself,I dont believe Id go that rout. Yes, I have a physio therapist I started with a month ago. She did my first internal work a couple days ago. She mentioned a wand I can buy to use for the future for somrthing I can do at home... but at this point touching any type of wand in my vagina would just egg on the arousal. So idk wht to do. She also has dome some dry needle trigger point. And incase anyone is wondering, this arousal state happened before having the internal work done,so I know its not because of that .
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

LindseyD wrote:Does any of u have persistant genital arousal disorder in vaginal opening-the inside,not the clitorus??? Can ANYTHING help it????? Ive read about creams and meds to help that symptom, but at the same time women talk mostly about it being their clitorus,which isnt my case. I have delt with other symptoms... but this is the one driving me over the egde.
That is exactly what I had, Lindsey -- a bit of clitoral involvement but mostly vaginal. The three things that gave me some symptom relief were SSRI antidepressants (took away about 50% of symptoms), clonazepam at night that decreased the muscle spasms and allowed some sleep, and ice balloons inserted vaginally (pushed up against the ischial spine where the pudendal nerve runs.) PNE surgery essentially cured the PGAD so I don't have it anymore but before surgery I had it 24/7. It took a year or so to fade after surgery. It's the worst symptom I ever experienced (worse than pain).

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
LindseyD

Post by LindseyD »

Violet M wrote:
LindseyD wrote:Does any of u have persistant genital arousal disorder in vaginal opening-the inside,not the clitorus??? Can ANYTHING help it????? Ive read about creams and meds to help that symptom, but at the same time women talk mostly about it being their clitorus,which isnt my case. I have delt with other symptoms... but this is the one driving me over the egde.
That is exactly what I had, Lindsey -- a bit of clitoral involvement but mostly vaginal. The three things that gave me some symptom relief were SSRI antidepressants (took away about 50% of symptoms), clonazepam at night that decreased the muscle spasms and allowed some sleep, and ice balloons inserted vaginally (pushed up against the ischial spine where the pudendal nerve runs.) PNE surgery essentially cured the PGAD so I don't have it anymore but before surgery I had it 24/7. It took a year or so to fade after surgery. It's the worst symptom I ever experienced (worse than pain).

Violet
Violet, which dr. type helped you find meds to help with this symptom? Because I went.to my obgyn thinking he would be the guy to see for this symptom and he offered nothing. So idk which type of dr.to see for this symptom now.,.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Lindsey, the only doctor who would manage my Lexapro rx. was a psychiatrist. My gyn would not do it. He psych doctor concluded I had no psych problems but was willing to manage the med anyway. I'm trying to remember. I think he also ordered the clonazepam. Some GP's or even nurse practitioners might be willing to manage these types of meds -- or a pain management doctor.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”