Would value your input

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
HopeForHealing

Would value your input

Post by HopeForHealing »

Hello. Thanks for being here. I, like most newcomers, am fearing the worst and would really like to hear what you all have to say. I got through a bout with Trigeminal (facial nerve) Neuralgia about a year ago, was put on multiple meds, very difficult time. As I improved, I determined to wean off the meds. I've been working at this steadily. I was just getting to the end of my Lexapro taper in December when I got hit with odd urinary symptoms one night (Dec 5th). I went to a clinic on a Sat and they put me on Macrobid. When things got worse on Monday I ended up with a CT scan and found a kidney stone! I went round and round with that thing for 3.5 weeks until it finally passed. However, the pain didn't magically disappear like the urologist insists it should. I continue to have pain in the left ureter, all kinds of weird bladder sensations, and probably most disturbing is the feeling of something rammed up inside me vaginally. The urologist is offering to go in with a scope and look around, but really believes the stone is gone (I caught it in a jar and brought it in to him). I went to the GYN to make sure there wasn't something he could see and there wasn't. He gave me a yeast pill for good measure. I am in complete disbelief that I could be facing "another" neuralgia. The first one just about did me in emotionally. At times my current pain crosses over into PGAD type symptoms. It is all worse when I move in certain ways, like sitting or lying on my right side (pulls on the left somehow). I have 5 kids who need me and I feel like I am on the edge of losing it again. Please, any words of wisdom or insight? Thank you.
HopeForHealing

Re: Would value your input

Post by HopeForHealing »

I also wanted to add that I have had some pain in my left thigh and even my left foot, although both of those things seem a bit better. I usually enjoy hot baths to relax, but that causes a burning sensation in my groin area. Just wanted to give all the info. Thanks.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Diagnosing the cause of pelvic pain is pretty complicated and you may to need to get some more diagnostics to really zero in on what's going on. One thing you can do is to see a pelvic floor PT to assess your pelvic floor muscles and mechanics (alignment, etc.) to determine what, if any, musculoskeletal issues might be going on. Have you had an MRI yet to rule out anything obvious? If you want to go for an MRI it might be helpful if you read the MRI section of this forum. The PN docs have variations in what they require in an MRI but MRI of the pelvic, lumbosacral area and lumbosacral plexus are typical. Doctors like Hollis Potter may check for things like tarlov cysts, femoral acetabular labral tears, inguinal hernias as well as ligament or scar tissue impingements.

I'm sorry you are dealing with another problem now. I don't have experience with trigeminal neuralgia but I've heard it can be pretty nasty. I hope your will be able to resolve the pelvic issues quickly.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
solarmom

Post by solarmom »

I'm so sorry to hear you had both of these conditions.

If you aren't seeing one now, maybe a urogynecologist could help? Seems like a kidney stone that took a long time to pass would be likely to Irritate the nerves that innervate that area, both urethra and vaginal. May just take it a few weeks to calm down or they could recommend a good pt to help.

Best wishes
Kayla

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”