PN causes polyneuropathy?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
sharona

PN causes polyneuropathy?

Post by sharona »

Hi

A biopsy taken from my leg showd I had moderate-high damage to my nerves. Neurologist says it has nothing to do with my pelvic nerves problem. I find it hard to beleive these two problems aren't related? I felt my sacrum area and my shins burning even when lying down and especilly when lying on my back, and my whole pelvic area burning when sitting.
another question - when sitting I feel my hips and thighs all around 360° hurt. Sounds like part of the PN?
I'm new here so I don't know if I should give you my whole story or not...
But for now I'm worried regarding my Polyneuropathy as I think it does have to do with my PN/ other pelvic nerve pronlem and that something is hurting my nerves.
Thank you so much for this website. Hope I could find solution for my problem and hope I can donate back abd help others.
Sharona
janetm2

Re: PN causes polyneuropathy?

Post by janetm2 »

Welcome Sharona,
I am not sure I can answer your question but wanted to throw out some ideas. First I would encourage you to tell your story in the welcome section. There may be something in it that others can make a connection with and help you. I have had pelvic instability and sacroilliac joint dysfnction (SIJD) since surgery and they can cause pains around my core (lower sacrum, pelvic rim that I thought was top of my hips, and pubic bone). Once I get out of whack it just hurts all around. You may want to look into to those to see if that is part of your issues - a phyiscal therapy review by a PN aware PT could help.and there is a list off the homepage.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”