Sent my request letter to my insurance company for TG

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
joeparz

Sent my request letter to my insurance company for TG

Post by joeparz »

Hey guys

After a month of going back and forth and taking a look at my life. I came to the conclusion, i have no quality of life right now and i can't keep going on like this.

I have accepted the obstacles of surgery and even the dangers. If it means having even just a small ray of hope, i am happy with that. I am already in excruciating pain and have no quality of life anyway.

2 years ago i never pictured myself here. But i also never imagined i would be able to come as far as i have come for someone who is terrified of doctors. EMG's, injections, physical therapy......I am happy to have been able to hold on as long as i have......and it feels like a sigh of relief to be able to finally accept surgery.......

I will let you guys know when i book the appointment. I have to get surgery approved first.

Thanks for all the advice over the years. I think of all of you every day
Violet M

Re: Sent my request letter to my insurance company for TG

Post by Violet M »

Good luck Joe. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for the best. Please keep us posted on how it goes. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Joe,
The best of luck to you. I hope this can give you some relief.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

Thank you ladies. You both have always been so nice and honest with me. Thanks for being there.

I hope this is the end for me.

I am so scared of the recovery :(
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

My best to you, Joe. Keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

joeparz wrote:
I am so scared of the recovery :(
The recovery takes time and patience so try not to over-do too soon. Also, be prepared for the the possibility that the pain may be somewhat worse initially and be sure to have extra pain medication available if necessary. I increased my pain medications for 9 months after surgery but then was able to completely go off pain meds.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Hope it works out in your favor Joe.

Who is your surgeon?

Kone
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

konedog4 wrote:Hope it works out in your favor Joe.

Who is your surgeon?

Kone
Dr. Conway in Merrimack NH

He is an awesome guy. Doesn't promise the world, just gives you honest answers and direction.

i am hoping TG surgery will be the beginning of my recovery.

I am terrified because he says he gives epidurals and i am scared of needles.

Thank you!
April

Post by April »

Good luck, Joe. Keep us posted.

April
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

Thanks everyone.

Well one positive thing is that in the new ICD 10 codes, Pudendal Neuralgia now exists as a condition!!!

That is huge news because it will help with everything from getting disability to getting better treatment and doctors who know what PN is.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”