allodynia

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
laura101

allodynia

Post by laura101 »

Hi friends,
My doctor told me to do PT but I have a huge problem with allodynia, the slightest touch in my whole genital area can cause me burning for a lot of days...So, how do you manage to do PT with allodynia?
DakotaGirl

Re: allodynia

Post by DakotaGirl »

That is something I would also like to know. Same thing happens here.
Although I did have internal pt last year and somehow got through it.
I have a hip injury on that side and the pt worked on the obturstor internus but then I would burn in the hamstring area all the way to my foot.
Violet M

Re: allodynia

Post by Violet M »

laura101 wrote:Hi friends,
My doctor told me to do PT but I have a huge problem with allodynia, the slightest touch in my whole genital area can cause me burning for a lot of days...So, how do you manage to do PT with allodynia?
I wasn't able to tolerate internal PT when PN was at its worst. Maybe I was just a pansy but it gave me a flare-up for a week so I just felt like if the nerve was already really irritated how was it going to help to irritate it further? Does the external PT bother you too or just the internal? If you can tolerate the external maybe you could start with it first for awhile and then if things start to calm down, progress to the internal also.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”