medical marijuana help?

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
gcman

medical marijuana help?

Post by gcman »

Hello all
Now that medical marijuana is going to be legalised here does anyone know if it might help PN pain. From the little I have read the answer seems to be no based on the few overseas forum posts about it .But that may mean it just hasn't helped some people. Like all pain meds, some people get benefits from some meds and others don't.
Redevil

Re: medical marijuana help?

Post by Redevil »

Speaking from my experience, it does help to relax stressed and tight muscles. It soothes pelvic floor muscles in my case, so yeah in a way it does reduce some pain.
nyt

Post by nyt »

I'm curious do you know that percent of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) to Cannabidiol (CBD)? THC is what gives the high but I know CBD in higher amounts than THC are used in children with uncontrolled seizures. I think this is still an emerging science as we learn what other cannabinoids are in marijuana that work on muscle relaxation and pain. I'm quite interested in this myself as our state just legalized it but not that easy to get pain doctors to prescribe since they need special training by the state. Not covered by insurance either.

Any luck with using hemp oil instead?
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Pafen

Post by Pafen »

Are the side effects less than commonly prescribed opiods?
Allan.
gcman

Post by gcman »

I don't have the information on it to answer any of these questions. Probably all on Google somewhere. I believe its taken orally as some oily liquid which tastes pretty bad. In Australia its the Federal government that's ok'd its use and I believe all the states have agreed to pass the same laws so its coming but there doubtless will be conditions on its use. Maybe something like on opiates. There are a few mentions about its use for PN on the HOPE sites but they seem to be negative.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”