MRN and Questions

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
ChaseJordan92

MRN and Questions

Post by ChaseJordan92 »

I am going to get an MRN at UCLA. Has anyone been there for an MRN yet? Also, I would like a 2nd opinion besides Dr. Jordan. I felt Dr. Jordan gave me a less than mediocre assement. I was thinking about seeing Goldstein in San Diego. Anyone have experience with him? Also, any good PTs in San Diego that treat PN?
Violet M

Re: MRN and Questions

Post by Violet M »

Check out this list. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/63#CA
Stephanie Prendergast who is considered to be one of the most knowledgeable pudendal neuralgia PT's is on that list in the LA area. I suspect if you call her she would be able to give you the name of a good PT in San Diego and maybe the name of a physician to see in the area too.

You can do a search on Goldstein in the upper right search bar. Keep in mind there is an Andrew Goldstein on the east coast and Irwin Goldstein on the west coast. I could be wrong but I think that Irwin Goldstein on the west coast specializes in sexual medicine, especially sexual dysfunction. http://www.alvaradohospital.com/Find-a- ... in-MD.aspx I'm not sure if he specializes in pudendal neuralgia but maybe someone else here can answer that question.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Jason8

Re: MRN and Questions

Post by Jason8 »

Hello, I have been to both the doctors. I think it's a good idea to see Dr Irwin Goldstein for opinion. He gives good time with the patient and his staff is very helpful. He knew things related to PN more than other Urologists that I had seen earlier.. He will recommend Pelvic Pt near SD.
Though, I did not get treated ( nerve block) by Dr Goldstein as I wanted to try conservative measures. I would leave it up to you for getting treated by him.
Later, I did see Dr Jordan and with short assessment I decided to take A2M from him and that did not turned well for me.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”