Dr Jenner, pain consultant, London

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
helenlegs 11

Dr Jenner, pain consultant, London

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I wanted to let everyone know about Dr Cristopher Jenner who is a pain management consultant in the London area.
I saw him today,and liked him enormously . . . . he is so approachable and friendly. I just wish I had seen him from the beginning. He is very clued up on pundendal issues, piriformis syndrome and sacroiliac joint dysfunction and can offer blocks and botox.
He also refers people to Professor Carlstedt if surgery is needed so Dr Baranowski is not the only man to see in London. (I think his initial private consultation may be less expensive too, around £200)
Here are his details

NHS Practices
◦St Mary's Hospital
■Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
■Secretary's phone: 020 7886 2124
■Secretary's email: dr.jenner@satellitesec.co.uk

Private Practices
◦Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
■Provider: Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth

◦London Clinic, The
■Provider: Trustees of the London Clinic
http://www.londonpainconsultants.com

◦Princess Grace Hospital, The
■Provider: HCA International Ltd

◦Wellington Hospital, The
■Provider: HCA International Ltd

◦St Mary's Hospital - Lindo wing
■Provider: Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
■Secretary's phone: 08450 450250
■Secretary's email: dr.jenner@satellitesec.co.uk
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
CureSeeker

Re: Dr Jenner, pain consultant, London

Post by CureSeeker »

I'm fairly new here - is Dr Carlstedt the better option for surgery?
Also, I suppose, therefore I should asked to be referred to Dr Jenner?
My GP said he is willing to refer me to Dr Baranowski as he practices at (NHS) UCLH in London,
but if neccessary I still have the option of changing this as he has not written my referal yet.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

All I know is that Professor Carlstedt is a VERY clever and apparently nice guy, never met him, so this is all second hand info.
For me he would be the better option as he does offer piriformis surgery ( that is my main pain issue and I will deal with the pudendal stuff, if needed, after that is sorted) and has had some sucess with it in the past.
Dr Baranowski will refer you on to Carstedt too by the way if surgery is required he and Dr Greenslade are very capable with pudendal issues and I think it is just a question of weighing up any costs and travel etc when making that decision. Dr B is more costly (double) I have been told, for any initial private consultation. Dr G will refer you onto Dr Wong who is part of 'the Bristol team' who studied under Professor Robert in Nantes France.http://www.tipna.org/info/documents/PNE ... Robert.pdf
I know that Calluna is waiting about 10 weeks for NHS appointmant with Dr G. It's a tricky decission to make and you are the only person who can make it, sorry!
I would ask Dr Jenner if he does do pudendal work ( we talked mainly about piriformis and sacroiliac) if you are interested in seeing him.( he is very nice) He does NhS blocks on a wednesday morning but I have no clue what the waiting list time would be for him.
Doubt I have been any help at all, but at least there is a choice at long last. Good luck with it all and let us know how you get on.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
CureSeeker

Post by CureSeeker »

Thank you Helen. It's all useful to know. I will see my GP tommorow and discuss it all with him.
little mo

Post by little mo »

Hello Helen
long time no speak hope you are well, I wanted to say what a wonderful abassoder for this site you are,also coming up with helpful information. It is good to know about Dr Jenner as I am booked to see Dr.B. THAT PROBABLY DOESN'T MAKE MUCH SENSE UNTILL YOU REALIZE THAT SOME ONE ELSE CAN CARRY THE HEAVY LIST OF PATIENTS FROM dR.b.(SORRY ABOUT CAPITALS) the tab keeps sticking.... I have a question on medication and wonderd if this was themright place to post? I will look around and come back here..thank you again Helen.
fRom Little mo
xx

Return to “UK & IRELAND”