Problems with edema and matress/ chair?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
OrioleMag

Problems with edema and matress/ chair?

Post by OrioleMag »

Hi guys. I have a job where I have to sit a lot, so pudental nerve pain is getting worse and worse. i changed the chair (it was expensive as hell), but it's okay now. I also changed the mattress to memory foam.
But, with that mattress I noticed that I have a bump on my lower back, so I went to doctor and he said it's sacral edema. Did anybody meet with that? Is it possible that I got it because of new mattress? I thought it would be better for my pain to sleep on something soft, not the other way around. Any thoughts?
Last edited by OrioleMag on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Re: Problems with edema and matress/ chair?

Post by Violet M »

Never heard of that happening before. It's hard to imagine how a soft mattress could cause that problem unless maybe it doesn't give you enough spine support somehow leading to bad alignment that puts pressure on the sacrum. Maybe a manual therapist could check your alignment for you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”