Neuromodulation Educational video

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
Kit

Neuromodulation Educational video

Post by Kit »

As many of the Pudendalhope members know, I have had great success with the DRG neurostimulation, with the manufacturer St. Judes Medical device(now part of Abbott).

In doing more research on what DRG (Dorsal Root Ganglion) actually is, once again Gooble search was my best friend.

The following is a video dated May 25, 2016,entitled Neuromodulation. It is a University developed set of medical subjects with guest speakers. This is Chapter 5, which is about the topic of the great recent enhancements in neuromodulation (also called neurostimulation). The presenter goes into great detail on the specifics of DRG and BurstDR, and also HF-10, but the presenter talks in very understandable English.

All 3 are recent enhancements to the USA, but have been in Europe for about 7 years.

Note that this video is sponsored by a company named Nevro, but at this time they do not have FDA approval? St Judes is the only DRG stimulation option for now. BurstDR is a stimulation that is used for back pain and leg pain. BurstDR is a type of SCS stimuation (spinal cord stimulation). BurstDR is a ST Judes trademark name for their new SCS device which has FDA approval. Works much like the DRG neurostimulator.

I am giving all the additional background because they talk about all of this in the video. For Pudendal nerve pain, concentrate on the DRG part. This is immensely useful for understanding DRG.

Also, if you have not already done so, google Dertome Map. Use this picture to understand the pain flows and nerve flows, and each spine "portal", S2, S3,etc.

Here is the video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYaCg5sdKM
Kit Male age 74 Sitting pains started 10/2003. I have had about 14 years of pudendal nerve pain, including 3 surgeries by Ansell, Filler, and Hibner. None did any good. But finally, I discovered the DRG (dorsal root ganglion) neurostimulator. It was implanted on Dec 28, 2017. It has been a miracle to me. My quality of life has improved 95%, and reduced the pain by about 60%. Anyone with Pudendal pain should consider a DRG neurostimulator.
April

Re: Neuromodulation Educational video

Post by April »

Thanks so much, Kit! All this information is very helpful!

April

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”