New and desperate :(

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
aredmond

New and desperate :(

Post by aredmond »

I'm happy I found this site today. I'm 2-1/2 years post trauma from a awful injury. My soon to be ex wife pounded me on my erect penis in Dec 2015 and I haven't found relief yet. I started with dry needling to increase blood flow, hyperbaric chambers, HGH, viserol massage and a rectus diastases surgery repairing the torn wall. CAT and MRI's didn't show much.
My pain subsides after 3-4 days of no sexual activity whatsoever, but this is no easy task. pain radiates from the base upward and in a triangle shape. my pubic area gets very warm and a burning effect. This has caused severe emotional pain daily as well and it hampers me from getting into another relationship. I'm in Phoenix Arizona.

Thank you for any support or encouragement.

Alan
Violet M

Re: New and desperate :(

Post by Violet M »

Hi Alan,

I think many of us can understand to some extent the emotional toll this type of pain plays on your life but how sad that yours was associated with an injury from someone who was supposed to be a friend.

I have not heard of this type of injury before so I'm not sure what the best course of action would be to try for treatment. As you've already discovered, sometimes there is some trial and error involved with trying to determine what works and what doesn't when it comes to treatment. Did the visceral massage you tired include internal massage of the pelvic floor muscles via the rectum? If not, maybe it would be worth it to be evaluated by a pelvic floor PT for pelvic floor muscle tension and to try some pelvic floor myofascial release. If you've already tried that and it didn't work, maybe you could try to isolate whether the dorsal penile nerve is what's involved by having a nerve block to that nerve.

Have you tried any medications for pain control? I know it's a temporary solution but it can help with your quality of life.

I wish you all the best as you search for the right treatment.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
GregT

Post by GregT »

Alan, I'm sorry that you haven't had many replies. I haven't visited this forum in a while and just peeked through a few of the top posts and noticed yours.

I'm guessing that not a lot of people men get boinked (oh, that's not a word) right on top of the penis (right??) like you did. Wow, it's hard to even imagine. Personally, and since you live in such a big and progressive city such as Phoenix, I'd look into seeing a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor in Phoenix. It's one of the less expensive things you can do to begin with (I know you've already done lots of things thus far, though), and perhaps the key has something to do with the muscles surrounding the penis (groin area) that may have been traumatized after such a traumatic event. My information is old now, but a Dr. Hibner (in Phoenix) has done surgery for PN for some time now, though not on males any more, from what I remember. But, he did have a physical therapist who should have extensive experience in pelvic floor issues. I am sure that her name and contact information can be found on this website, or that someone else knows what her name is. If you haven't already seen a PT who specializes in the pelvic floor, this is where I'd point you to begin with.

Oh, just wondering, do you have pain just with an erection or only if you climax?

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

We have some PT''s listed on our website who are in Scottsdale. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/63#AR
I don't think Loretta is still with them but you could check. Also, they might be able to direct you to someone closer to you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
GregT

Post by GregT »

Violet, that's a clematis as your avatar, right?

If so, I just bought my first one and it's the exact same color. Made the immediate mistake of putting on my patio and allowing it to burn up before taking a peek at where this plant should be put (lots of shade..."morning sun". It's in the revival process for now, I hope.

I'm gonna PM Alan to ensure that he sees my response. He seemed pretty much in despair.

Greg
Had surgery in Nantes, France in 2001 with Professor Robert. I advocate physical therapy with PTs who specialize in the pelvic floor. I also advocate injections to help diagnose PN and I am in favor of having PN surgery to release the nerve when the diagnoses points to an entrapped nerve.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Greg,

I think it is a wood violet -- at least that's what I remember choosing but it's been a few years ago. Too bad your plant burned up. Clematis are very pretty. Is it too late to move it?

That's a good idea to PM Alan. Hope you can reach him. I think it's always great when guys answer guys because you can relate better.

Violet
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Alan, I am signed up to get articles from medscape and a recent one came out about penile fracture. Were you ever told you might have penile fracture? I guess it is rare. The MRI should have shown it. I'm not sure how you would see the article unless you sign up for a medscape account. I think it's free.

Violet
lohofe

Post by lohofe »

Any updates?

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”