PNE and the State Pension - Question

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
GoingBananas

PNE and the State Pension - Question

Post by GoingBananas »

PLEASE MOVE THIS TOPIC IF IT’S IN THE WRONG SECTION! THANK YOU.

Hi everyone,
I apologise for not being on here for so long. Like many of you, I have PNE (Diagnosed 2011)! I also have Piriformis Syndrome and have recently had an MRI scan and now have Cauda Equina.

A few years back, I had injection treatment for the PNE and I also had Botox treatment and do Physio exercises for my Piriformis. I do a lot of pain management rather than pop pain killers everyday. The injection treatment worked to a degree and I can sit for short periods. I obviously had to change my Lifestyle like many others.

I am very positive and am lucky to have such a supportive husband and family.

I have possibly an unusual question. I am 58 and I am having to give up work, as I cannot sit long enough to do my work (I’m a book-keeper/Data Entry) and struggle to drive to client’s (My hubby and I have our own Limited company). I have been part-time for a few years. I’m not eligible for any benefits as I own my own house. I have fully paid into my State Pension but can’t have that until I’m 66 & 6 months. My question is: Has anybody ever managed to get their State Pension early due to PNE etc..? I was thinking of at least trying but haven’t got a clue where to start.

Thank you for reading and appreciate any replies.
FORGOT TO SAY I’M IN THE UK! England
Violet M

Re: PNE and the State Pension - Question

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, I have no idea since I am in the USA. There must be a government agency that could answer your question on this topic. In the meantime, are you able to apply for disablity assitance?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
GoingBananas

Re: PNE and the State Pension - Question

Post by GoingBananas »

Hi Violet M
Thank you for responding. I think I will have to phone our Pensions office and see. Also, I may contact my local Member of Parliament to get his support if it comes to it.

I shall look into the disability side too. Thank you

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”