Dry needling and Botox is working

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
Hopeitworks

Dry needling and Botox is working

Post by Hopeitworks »

I love my Physical therapist she is a gem! After a 10 day flare, my Physical Therapist was able to get me out of the flare by massaging my bulbospongiosus muscle. This was the first piece to my PGAD puzzle and to me, it was a sign that the bulbospongiosus muscle was one of the causes of my PGAD. The following visit with my PT she did dry needling on my bulbospongiosus muscle, hips, legs and she found trigger points. I love dry needling! It worked in all areas that she dried needled.
This led me to try Botox in the Bulbospongiosus muscle.

I had botox in the bulbospongiosus about 3 weeks ago. I think it is starting to kick in. My doctor gave me a small amount(50 units) to see how well my body tolerated it. I did have to go under anesthesia, It didn't hurt at all. The goal will be to do several treatments to see if we can relax the muscle long enough to allow the nerve (if it is coming from a nerve) to heal. My doctor is also thinking I need to try some sort of stimulator/ implant. My MRI did show I had heightened signal to the bulbo muscle. But the doctors ignored it until now.

I feel I am on the right road to managing PGAD.

Hope
April

Re: Dry needling and Botox is working

Post by April »

That's wonderful!! Yes, it definitely sounds like you are on the right track. Thanks for the update and report on that those treatments.

April
Sicknmith

Post by Sicknmith »

[quote][/quote].
Hi just curious, who gave you the botx injections. I live in Virginia Beach beach. Currently sitting in Dr. Hashemi office after a few nerve blocks into the L And R pudendal nerve area at alcocks canal. Trying to figure out how much relief I am getting at the moment. Anyhow I haven't asked him or his wife yet about Botox injections. I'm quite curious who I could get to administer them? Also I'm doing pelvic floor PT. Biggest symptoms are PGAD and pain while sitting and laying on my back. It's horrible as we all know. My pelvic floor PT Erin at Urology of Virginia seems to think she is running out of treatment options. She has only attempted internal exam once when I was in a major flare. Kind of felt theraputic but I had pretty bad anal spasming while she was doing the eval. She has not attempted dry needling anywhere but my glutes. I'm a bit nervous about any other locations but am willing to try after reading your post. Important to note I am almost 9 months post op from bilateral core muscle surgery at Vincera Institute. I had my adductor, ab rectus, psoas done on both sides. Also had bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral repairs, both hips. So I've been through a lot. Any more insight would be helpful. I'm incredibly nervous about even talking about Nerve Entrapment Surgery with Dr. Hashemi. Also seems like he didn't do that surgery for quite a while from what I gather reading on here. Has anyone had success with him for pudendal nerve decompression surgery? Thanks - Nick
Lelej

Post by Lelej »

Hi sicknmeth, I am so sorry u had to go through all of this. Have you done the Potter MRN protocol. In my case it showed mild entrapment thus making pt pretty useless. You can get a lot of helpful information from it. If you want the protocol message me and I will send it to you (thanks to April who sent it to me I can now spread it to people in need). Also if you didn’t get relief from your pt change her.. it took me a while to find a good pt.. also the internal rectal exam if done wrong it will give a horrible flare up.. my pt printed a paper for me with clocks.. still I couldn’t do it right because it is hard to figure the clock on real rectum.. if you want it message me and I will send it to u too.. But BE very careful.. also my pt adviced against doing any dry needling in the pudendal area.. you can do the hips, buttocks, legs and back...
And don’t lose hope because one treatment didn’t work for you.. not every treatment works for every situation
I hope you get better soon
And hopitworks, I am so glad it is working for you and thanks for sharing your experience :)
Lelej
Preetisadarangani

Post by Preetisadarangani »

Hello that sounds awesome who was ur dr plz
CarlieK

Post by CarlieK »

Hi, I am Carlie King and have had two PNE surgeries - and some leftover pain. Not discomfort, but pain. Every state has a medical school/Texas has seven of them. They offer a Uro/Gyn for females with Pudendal Nerve problems. They also offer a program for males - I do not know what it is like or what they can offer. The female program, yes - I know it well. Med Schools have access to programs early on - the AMA has to bless it. It worked for me and I have no discomfort or pain anymore - no meds. The Uro-Gyn serving the private sectors are not trained to treat you - Dr. Price, M.D. is here in Tulsa at the Ok City Medical School branch. In the Uro-Gyn Department. She is trained to do more than help. I have no more pain period. If I feel like I need an injection for my PNE, I go in and she takes care of it. A few weeks ago, about a few hours, the discomfort (not pain) came back and I am overdue for her treatment. Way over. So, today I saw her and she scheduled me for a treatment. I was her first patient for this new treatment. The procedure has changed a lot since then. Improved. I will not remember much - day procedure - and you will know if you have gained anything or not. The procedure is pudendal nerve block and pelvic floor botox. bladder botox. The first few I had, I was very wide awake: she had a long probe - you recline - like a pelvic. she goes up - north - to the top of the bladder. In the probe, she has Botox. She presses to the bladder wall and then snaps somehow and the Botox goes thru the wall and the Botox goes into the muscles outside of the bladder - all over the top of the bladder - and then comes out. I drove home. That night, I was hungry, very. The spasms were slowly declining - and the pain was diminished. A week later, I had a driver for the appointment. She injected the Pudendal nerve; I held the nurses hand and muffled my screams. It was over in a few minutes - and I went home to bed and in a couple of hours, I was really hungry. I have NOT had a muscle spasm, i.e., pain since then. I am suppose to get them every six months, but I can go longer - like a year now. I saw her today, and things have changed for the better. It is done in a hospital and bring a driver. The AMA put its blessings on the procedure; I was her first patient. Now, she has several PNE patients like me. I lead a normal life. If you want to consider this option, call your medical school, ask the Uro-Gyn Department if they offer a PN program-females. Med Schools get it first - they are teaching the new doctors. It is far better than what I had to to do - we had to go to Europe to get any help whatsoever. My first surgery, Mayo sent me to France for surgery. The second was done in Phoenix - HIbner. and then Dr. Price - and I have no pain from PNE. You can do anything you want to do - normal. Consider this option. CarlieK
ClintBarrett

Post by ClintBarrett »

Of course, it is wonderful that you have found an effective treatment for your PGAD and are working with doctors to improve your health. I wish you continued progress in your treatment and recovery!
April

Post by April »

Hi Carlie,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad this injection worked so well! You said this new injection was both a block and botox? What was the "block" part of it? Or was it just botox? Did your insurance cover the botox?

April
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Carlie,

That’s great news!

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I looked up Dr. Price in Tulsa. Here is the link:

https://www.ouhealth.com/find-a-doctor/ ... d-mph-mcr/
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”