Successful Neuromodulator trial

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
Lucyinthesky

Successful Neuromodulator trial

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Hi everyone

I am so pleased. I had a week long trial of the SNS and as soon as it was switched on I had blessed relief I was so excited going into the surgery. It was really interesting because the incision wounds hurt more than the pure all nerve pain! I was able to walk go out for dinner twice during the week. And I did it with no SR Tapentadol I played with the setting constantly which was fantastic because I could respond to my pain levels. In all honestly the pain was barely noticeable. Within 3 days I had decided to go ahead with the permanent surgery. I couldn’t be happier because it changed my life so muc. As soon as I was ‘unplugged’ the pain descended and I have had constant painaround the 8-9 out of 10. Prof Vancaille, Liz and Denise Diddy ha wonderful job. In hindsight I wish I did it earlier but it was worth the wait. If you are thinking of trialling, I really suggest having a go. But also you have to be positive d that it will work (which is really hard because we all get trapped into thinking the pain is with us for life.

Thanks for letting me share.

Lucy
April

Re: Successful Neuromodulator trial

Post by April »

oh, that's great, Lucy!! So this was a sacral nerve stimulator, right? Thanks for the report!

April
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Sure is April. Surgery can’t come soon enough - because the pain sucks especially when I know I am so close to being significantly pain free!
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Since I had the trial leads removed, the pain has come crashing back. I can’t sleep and am taking huge quantities of panadol, neurofen and tapentadol in SR and IR form. The energy that I had from the trial is long gone, and I am
Fatigued and hurting. The good thing is that I know it works, but I have to wait another month before the implant is done. I thoroughly recommend anyone who is thinking about having it done to go and have the trial. I feel so close to my life changing. So that’s my mantra to get me through the awful condition.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I can imagine the wait seems like forever, Lucy. Keep fighting....you will get through this.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Thanks Violet. The insomnia is not helping either!
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Do you know the name and type of stim trial you had?
Lucyinthesky

Post by Lucyinthesky »

Hello everyone. I had the permanent implant inserted on Friday, and switched on Saturday. I’m happy to report that the stimulator is working and the only pain I feel is from the wound sites. Let’s keep it that way!
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Could you tell us the name of your sns and the lead placements thanks
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hey, that's great, Lucy! Glad this is working for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”