Suggested Physician in the Philadelphia Area

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
bdyer50

Suggested Physician in the Philadelphia Area

Post by bdyer50 »

I thought that I'd suggest a physician that folks should consider. I'm a former bike rider. I rode for 24 months and ended up with PN, causing pain, discomfort, and moderate ED. I was misdiagnosed with PFD and went through three rounds of PT over two years with no improvement. Very frustrating. I was finally diagnosed properly with PN and went through two more rounds of PT with no improvement. Around four years after my first diagnosis I made an appointment with Dave Kanze of The Arcana Center for Integrative Medicine (https://www.arcanacenter.com).

Dave is a DO who specializes in Manipulative Medicine. After seeing four different physical therapists over four years, I assumed that manipulative therapy would provide no relief. However, Dave has training that the PTs clearly do not have, and I very quickly saw marked improvement in all areas. Twelve months later I find that my pain and discomfort have declined significantly, and my ED is reduced (though certainly not gone). Dave firmly believes that my pudendal nerve is repairing itself, and he may be right. With time, hopefully the nerve will fully regenerate. As one who had given up hope of finding a useful solution to my challenge, Dave has been a lifesaver. Further, Dave's treatments present super-low risk. There are no surgeries or injections, and they are pain-free. The treatments are simply manipulations of the pelvic area and other areas of the body. Whether the nerve heals or not, I definitely feel a lot better, and my quality of life has improved substantially. Dave practices in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. If you don't live in that area you may want to find a DO with a similar specialty near your home. Best of luck to you!!
Violet M

Re: Suggested Physician in the Philadelphia Area

Post by Violet M »

Wishing you continued healing, Bill. Thanks for posting the info.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”