Allergic Reaction to botox

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
chris196540

Allergic Reaction to botox

Post by chris196540 »

Hi
I suffer from pudendual nerve damage and had botox injected two months ago. I have had a bad allergic reaction to the botox i have lost sensation in the bladder and have no feeling when to urinate. My muscles are tight in the vagina and bowel and have to go to physio to try to relax the muscles i have no sensation when the physio does treatment in the vagina area. Issues with bladder and bowel not emptying much. My whole body goes on fire internally it could be for 5 hours at a time and a get pins and needles through my body. I get headaches i cant concentrate and other symptoms. The doctor that did the procedure has given me some different medications to help the symptoms but they dont seem to be working. Pyhysio has been helping a bit with the muscles. The company Dysport has advised there is no antidote and my body SHOULD return to normal between 3-6 months. I am trying to see if anyone else has had an allergic reaction that could contact me on their symptoms and how they got better. Also if there are any doctors there that could offer advise.
thanks
Violet M

Re: Allergic Reaction to botox

Post by Violet M »

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction. I have known several people who had bad reactions to Botox. You can read Ezer's posts on this forum. Go to advanced search in the upper right corner and type in Botox as the keyword and Ezer as the author. Or you can go to the following link: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... tox#p47030
Hopefully, your symptoms will subside soon.

I think the important thing is to try to keep from getting central nervous system hypersensitivity and to do what you can to minimize the symptoms as much as possible using as many pain relieving therapies as you can temporarily until the Botox wears off. You can read through the pain relief section of this forum for ideas.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “BOTOX”