FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD POTTER MRI

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
carolynm

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD POTTER MRI

Post by carolynm »

.....does she always go over the results immediately after the test? I can't imagine getting on a plane from NYC and not knowing anything!

also, I'm fighting with my insurance about covering this since I already had a pelvic MRI here in CO. Has anyone worked out a payment plan with HSS?

thanks,
cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Grammy

Re: FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD POTTER MRI

Post by Grammy »

I am interested to know how she handles medicare patients))does anyone know. Like the previous post I certainly would want her to go over the mri with me.
donstore

Post by donstore »

She went over the MRI with me afterwards. They said in the bill they sent me to inquire about a payment plan if necessary. On their website, they say you have to pay up front without prior authorization which I did not have. I was ready to put it on the credit card but they just wrote down my insurance info and went ahead after my doc in Calif. faxed the scrip (If you go, be sure to take a copy with you). My Healthnet HMO rejected payment so I have to appeal with them. They paid only $350. Bill was $2250 plus $450 for Dr. Potter to read it for 1.5T MRI which she said was better for me due to my metal hip.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
bamboo

Post by bamboo »

Hi Cari - saw an old post of yours asking if Dr. Potter will see you afterward. Maybe you have been to see her already. But I just wanted to tell you that it is not guaranteed. I went for my MRIs (waiting 4 months for the appt. and enduring a difficult trip, which involved standing on a train for 3 1/2 hours both ways, and was told two days before on the phone that I would be able to see her afterward. I had also told them twice before that I would like to see her afterward and they assured me that they would make note of it on my chart. When I arrived for the appt. I was told that PROBABLY I would be able to see her but it didn't happen. Needless to say I was very upset and disappointed and I DID leave there without any answers. I hope you will have better luck than I did.

Bamboo

Return to “MRI/MRN”