percocet side effect

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
sadie

percocet side effect

Post by sadie »

I had PNE re-do surgery May 3rd 2013 and did not have any problems . granted things are a little stirred up after surgery but after a month and a half i took 10 mg of oxycodone (percocet)for 5 days (2 pills before bed only.) It made me itch but i took benidril to stop the itching and kept taking it for 5 days. After the 4 day my feet were numb and tingling ,which is a serious side effect of the drug . I stopped taking the drug and it has been 12 days now and the feet are the same . My dr checked the PNE surgery incision and my back and sciatica and could not seem to find the cause except to think it is a serious side effect of the drug....as listed on the drug info sheet.

Has anyone had this same reaction from oxycodine (percocet).....one pharmacist said it could take 120 days for the nerves in my feet to regenerate. I know this is also could be a PN issue but i never had it till i took the percocet. By the way, the oxycodine is and opiate and if you are having PN pain this really helped ( until the allergic reactions stated). So I hope it can help you!!! It even helped with the PGAD symptoms a bit. thanks if you can help shed some light on the drug reaction I'd be grateful. . sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
momof3bigguys

Re: percocet side effect

Post by momof3bigguys »

AWW SORRY TO HEAR THAT..I KNOW ALL TO WELL HOW SOME OF THE OPIATES CAN CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS ITS A SHAME BC SOME OF THE WORK GREAT JUST THE SIDE EFFECTS OUT WEIGH THE BENIFITS! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND THAT NUMBNESS AND TINGLING GO AWAY!!! :(
sadie

Post by sadie »

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you and the 3 big boys are doing well ;)
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
elephants27

Post by elephants27 »

If you experience itching while on a narticotic, you are allergic to that medicine! YOu need to get off of that & take something else!! Within the first couple of times taking that medicine, itching is a severe side effect which basically means you are allergic to it. I am too. ANd i have 19 drug allergies, I have been there where they keep trying drug after drug to see which one works,I am currently on MOrphine, its the only thing for me that just cuts out the pain, (not all of it) but it works for me now, and i take extended release, and immediate for breakthrough pain. but you need to tell your doctor asap, and if they can't help, it never hurts to get a second opinion! I saw 43 doctors in 3 years to find out that i had pn. Don't give up to easily. The numbess sucks!! I'm going through some weird numbness that is turning into itching now. But my ptheripst has been using a TENS unit on me and it seems to work for a while. So if there is a way for you to try it or maybe even getting one if it works, that can help hopefully for you too. Also, for numbness and tingling vitamin B 12 works, i have a defenicy, so i take the sublingual tabs, or get shots when needed, and i feel that in my feet & hands all the time, so you can have your dr check your levels or just try some, if you have too much in your body, you just pee it out, my brother takes it to stay awake at work, when he's tired. GOood luck to you!!! I wish you the best!!! BUt make sure you get off of that drug! Best wishes!!

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”