Pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation dr NY area?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
shana

Pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation dr NY area?

Post by shana »

Are there any doctors in the NY/NJ area that do pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation? I know there's one guy in CA, are there other people that do it in other parts of the country? I would like to try other things before I decide on surgery and I'm thinking of giving this a try/

Thanks,
Shana
'08 diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis
'09 vestibulectomy-Dr. Goldstein-failed
'11 right labral repair and release-Dr. Coleman
2/10-8/12 severe depression, minimal dr appointmen
4 different physical therapists '08-'12 no improvement whatsoever
'13 pudendal nerve blocks-Dr. Chapman
More PT
Dr. Conway officially diagnosed PN/PNE 7/13
9/13 Bilateral hip repair Dr. Coleman
10/13-5/14 Major Depression, no dr appointments
More PT
6/14 Dr. Hibner confirmed diagnosis
Looking for help..hoping for answers
Violet M

Re: Pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation dr NY area?

Post by Violet M »

I just happened to see this article recently. The author is Ellen Rhame and her e-mail address is listed in the article. Maybe you could try her? Or contact one of the other docs or the department of anesthesiology mentioned at the beginning of the article.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19461829

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
shana

Post by shana »

Thanks for the link, Violet, I took your advice and sent an email to the author. I tried finding her on NYU's website but could not so not sure if she's till working there, I will see if she responds.

Shana
More PT
More PT
kmerritt

Post by kmerritt »

Denver Pain Management does PRF.
Burning pain started 11yrs ago mildly. Continuous since 1/13.
MRI hip mild labral hip tear. Multiple dr appts. PT with pelvic therapist. Diagnosed w/ PN by Dr. Nel Gerig. 2 nerve blocks for diagnosis followed by PRFA by Dr. Wright at Denver Pain Mgmt. Need repeat. Dr. Hibner 11/13. Meds: Gabapentin, Valium/Baclofen vag supp, Lorazepam, Nortiptyline, Miralax, Magnesium, stool softeners. Believe PN cause was from very traumatic child birth, fall/fx coccyx, fall on Lt ischael tuberosity.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Everyone
This question is for Shana.
I hope you are doing ok. I am in the NY/NJ area as well and wondered if you ever found a doc that you like that does pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation in our area?
I hope so.
I had gone to Dr Chapman and the other doc that used to work in that practice.
Neither were kind nor sympathetic with regards to PN type disorder..
Just curious if you found any other doc who does this interesting procedure in an area driveable from NJ/NY. I live in NJ.
I wish you success in finding relief!
shana

Post by shana »

Kathy, Dr. Diwan, he's with Manhattan Spine & Pain, he used to work with Dr. Chapman. He has an office in South Amboy, NJ, I believe he's only there on Fri, unless that changes in the fall/winter months. He is so nice and so caring, he wants to help, his staff is great too. He doesn't do nerve blocks for PN anymore as he finds it doesn't help. He started with a ganglion impar injection, which gave some relief, we are repeating it and hoping it gives relief to more areas, as it only helped the coccyx pain. The plan is if that doesn't help to try something else, there are 3 things he would try to first to see if it gives relief, if any of them helps then he would do pulsed radiofrequency nerve ablation, he doesn't do that first, he first finds that spot that gives relief. When I was seeing Dr. Chapman he basically said, nerve blocks don't work so I can't help you. Dr. Diwan wants to help and will keep trying until he runs out of options, he's not giving up so fast. At my first appointment they asked why I left Dr. Chapman, I said I didn't like his personality/bed side manners, the girl was like, yeah, that's what most people say who switch from him. I'm on a quest to get better and stay better and I will keep going until that happens, I'm hoping Dr. Diwan can help, I do know and believe he will not give up that fast.

If you want his number is 732-721-7227 (that's his NJ office) you can look up his info online.

Good luck,
Shana
More PT
More PT
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Thanks Shana for the info!
And best of luck with your doctor..I hope everything works out! I feel the same way you do!
I will keep you in my prayers..
Kathy
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Shana,
I forgot to add, could you please keep us posted if you woudn't mind on how things go if you try the PRF nerve ablation. Thanks!
Good luck!
Kathy
shana

Post by shana »

I will most definitely keep you updated, it can be a while until I get to the PRF nerve ablation part but since I did get some relief with the ganglion impar injection we are hoping the ablation will help down the road. First we want to figure out how to get relief in all areas, even if just minimal relief
More PT
More PT
beverley

Post by beverley »

Shana: did dr conway give you a treatment plan? Are you considering surgery? Maybe you have posted this somewhere else. I was reading this thread about nerve injections -- and I just had one and it made me flare -- and i wish i had read this before i had the useless injection. Staying on top of all this information is a full time job!! Keep us posted.
prolonged sitting summer -- Vulvar Burning, Vulvadynia, Urinary Frequency, Lower Back Pain, Numbness in Foot, Pain when sitting, Hip Pain
1/12 90% Better after Pelvic Floor PT and 10 mg of Elavil
3/12 Potter MRI
4/12 MRI showed Labral Tears in both hips
4/12 Hip Injection with Dr Jordon -- some improvement
7/12 FAI and Labral repair Hip Surgery, Dr Coleman, HSS, 10/12-3/13 99% better!
3/13 Flared - present,
7/14 Ilioinguinal nerve block positive

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”