Floatation Tank

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
GraceOfGod

Floatation Tank

Post by GraceOfGod »

Has anyone with pn ever floated in a flotation tank? If your issues are muscular, and many people's are, you can potentially eliminate your pain by floating in a flotation tank. I'm not claiming that the pain will be gone when you get out. But while you are floating your pain goes away. At least it did for me. That is because the flotation tank allows for incredibly deep relaxation. If you live in a decent sized city, try to find a local flotation tank center. You can try out floating there. I have done it and it is amazing. I am getting a tank for my home.

They are also known as isolation tanks.

Chris

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank
Patty

Re: Floatation Tank

Post by Patty »

I swim at least 4 times per week. It is the only time I am pain free. I must look like a dope crying while I'm swimming. I miss my other sports so badly :cry:
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

A gal named Vanessa wrote a book awhile back attributing her cure to water therapy -- starting out by floating in water. I didn't read the book and I don't know if it's still accessible but there may be other forum members who read it who can tell you more.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
molly

Post by molly »

I have been to a flotation tank, it was a lovely experience, quite expensive, but did,nt feel any lasting benefit.

Vanessa Frank published a book about her journey with pn and her cure which was with water therapy. She had,nt suffered for that long long around a year as I remember, but has gone on to make an almost full recovery. I do not think the book is now available.

Molly

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”