Post Pudendal entrapment surgery injury

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
gsystems

Post Pudendal entrapment surgery injury

Post by gsystems »

Hello all!

well I'm writing since I'm a bit worried about my partners condition.
a month ago he went through Pudendal Entrapment surgery in Nantes by Prof. Roger Robert (an amazing doctor and a wonderful person!!!).
everything was going well except the pains which we knew he will have. the thing is that yesterday he has a little accident a home at the bathtub.
He set on the edge of the bathtub, in ta way that his bottom was inside the bathtub but his testicles were out. he unfortunately slipped a bit and he felt like a bump in his testicles, but a few seconds later he felt like a pinching in the perineum.

he since then says that the pinching does not go away, he says that after he takes a bath he feels like he has an ice cube in his perineum. the area is not swollen and there is no change of color. the big problem is that he feels very depress because he was finally on the right track (after 6 years of misery) we know from Prof. Robert that there is no way that he can spoil the surgery, but i'm sure that you can understand his frustration after so many years.
I think that because the area is still very sensitive because of surgery, he feels that way, and that he just pulled a muscle or something, but that he didn't damaged not the surgery nor the perineum.

Can someone advice?

thank you very much!

P.
nyt

Re: Post Pudendal entrapment surgery injury

Post by nyt »

For piece of mind you should contact Dr. Roberts office and see what they have to say.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”