Pain with laying down ??

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Missingmylife42

Pain with laying down ??

Post by Missingmylife42 »

I have burning buttocks sacrum pain when laying down flat and also worse when i bend my knees up laying down flat also the clitors and on the sides of it has begun to get a constant itch to it now.. also still has that burn does any one have the same symptoms.
mom

Re: Pain with laying down ??

Post by mom »

My duaghter who is 7 has constant clitoral itch..everyday all day no matter what. She says it feels like burning, a mesquito bite, and pin pricks all together. She has had this for 2 1/2 years, her story is in the announcements and community page, under the Journey of a child.

She ithces wether she is lying down , sitting, or standing up, and it is always clitoral and around the area surrounding the clitoris.
Wish I knew what was causing it. It has definetly taken a toll on her ability to enjoy life and be around other kids.

I am wondering if the dorsal nerve has anything to do with the itch in that specific location. We have an appt with Dr. Hibner in April.
I hate that you are experiencing this but I am happy to see others have itch as we are constantly told it is OCD and she needs to see a Phsycologist.
I know your itch is intense and real I see my little angel live it everyday. Kids make fun of her. It is awful!
MOM
Missingmylife42

omg your poor baby.. im going to read your story.. i got this from dr antalok by giving my a 4th round of injections knowing all the other ones never made me numb thinking hes were special and he could do it, also he gave me some in my belly he hurt me.. im going to hibner in feb hoping we can reverese ehat he has done, i got mine from a hysterctomy from august 2009. im am going to read your story.. im soooo sorry :,,,,,,,,,,( my heart is broken for you.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Dear Missingmylife,

When you had a hysterectomy did you remove your ovaries? If you did, the burning/itching in your vagina could be because of a lack of estrogen. Have you tried an estrogen cream or a suppository tablet? A few days of this treatment usually clears up these symptoms for me. I too have had a hysterectomy and have no ovaries.

I don't know enough about nerve blocks to respond to your other post, but please don't beat yourself up about your treatment choices. We are all new at this and we don't know what will work and what won't for each of us, until we try it. You were guided by knowledgeable doctors the whole way; you did not make your decisions on your own. Just keep thinking positive thoughts about the day in the future when you will beat this condition and live pain-free. It will happen, it's just a matter of time.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for posting your experiences with the nerve blocks since I have yet to try one and I am being guided by the experiences of everyone on this forum, including you, as I contemplate my treatment options.

We're all thinking about you.

Lernica
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Missingmylife42

Hi i got my ovaries just no uterus or cervix.. i want it back!!! i miss it if i knew then what i know now, yes i was guided but i have a feeling i did this to myself and me and my husband dont want surgery but my life is no life.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Missingmylife42 wrote:I have burning buttocks sacrum pain when laying down flat and also worse when i bend my knees up laying down flat also the clitors and on the sides of it has begun to get a constant itch to it now.. also still has that burn does any one have the same symptoms.
Yes.... I had pain in all positions and neuropathic itch. Hang in there -- you still have options. One of my blocks made me worse too but it eventually settled down.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mom

Post by mom »

what do you all do for the itch? Do you mind if I ask where your itch is isolated to?
MOM
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

mom wrote:what do you all do for the itch? Do you mind if I ask where your itch is isolated to?
MOM

Vulva area. Ice and capsaicin. Hermajesty had some recommendations on the dilution of capsaicin. I wonder if lyrica would help??? I was pretty much over the worst of PNE when it came out so I never tried it.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ezer

Post by ezer »

You can try Zonalon. It is a Doxepin cream (a tricyclic antidepressant) that relieves itching. Dr.Weiss did prescribe it to me.

http://www.medicinenet.com/doxepin-topi ... rticle.htm
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
wendy7

Post by wendy7 »

Hello Mom,

I am so glad that you are persuing medical evaluations for your daughter. I so hate it when the doctors say that it is all in your head and to see a psychiatrist. What she is experiencing is very real and I'm so happy that you are advocating for her.

Take care,
Wendy
Unlilateral Surgery 9/27/07 - Dr. Conway
Redo Unlilateral Surgery 10/15/10 - With Dr. Hibner AND Dr. Conway
Results - Fantastic!

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”