Very strange ongoing symptoms...

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
MC1000

Very strange ongoing symptoms...

Post by MC1000 »

So then, I posted on here recently with a significant worsening of penile numbness that suddenly appeared after cycling nearly 20,000 miles in 2.5 years (in retrospect there were warning signs - but I put these down to a combination of what I thought might be low T from large amounts of exercise, and the fact I was going on a lot of unsuccessful tinder dates and getting bored of it...)

But anyway.

Here's where it gets even more strange.

I don't have ANY incontinence symptoms, or even any pain! This indicates that the nerve has indeed been compressed further forward, around the sit bones (probably from the saddle, although I can't even figure that one out, given that I've NEVER noticed tingling or numbness during or after a ride, and if anything have often felt sexually revitalised immediately after getting home from a ride - including rides of 7 or 8 hours! )

And yet... Here I am now, nearly 2 months after the last time I sat on a saddle. Some of the strange observations are listed below.

1. I've noticed recently that my cremaster reflex is absent, which i believe is a different nerve but also associated with the sit bones. In relation to this, my scrotum has been behaving very strangely. Alternating between fully loose and somewhat tight, and often doesn't correspond with the temperature. So the muscle does work, but appears to be dysfunctional.

2. Sporadic tiny shrivelled penis, which often appears to be related to a very loose scrotum.

3. Variation in glans sensitivity. Sometime it's around 100%, other times I can barely feel it at all. There's even some variation in the penis skin - sometimes it feels like the nerves are just about beginning to regenerate, whereas other times it feels utterly numb.

4. Nocturnal (and variable diurnal) erections. This morning when I woke up I was delighted to have a 100% rock hard erection. But on other days it's limp as anything, indicating it's had minimal blood flow through the night. And the diurnal erections are variable as well - on occasion I can feel horny and maintain an erection for an hour, but other times there's immediate venous leakage.

5. I'm currently experiencing loose scrotum, tiny penis and extreme numbness. I sat down at work today, yes, but I sat down at work yesterday as well - and yet this morning I woke up with a fantastic erection, indicating that the appropriate nerves and vessels were intact.

6. In relation to the above, I did go for a short walk today. A bit uphill, a bit uneven, but nothing strenuous. Just like walking up a heavily gravelled driveway Nothing that required proper effort. So I can't see how this could POSSIBLY be related to my worsening of symptoms.

Now, as I've established, I'm not even remotely incontinent - so this probably indicates that the problem originates somewhere around the base of the penis itself.

But by that token, I can't possibly have compressed anything given that I haven't used a bike or sat on a saddle in nearly 2 months. And the fact I can get 100% morning wood the night after sitting at a desk for 8 hours perhaps indicates that sitting isn't that big of a problem.

So, what the hell might be going on to cause such variable and unpredictable symptoms from such little activity? Any ideas?!

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”