MVA with open book fracture as cause

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Diaper girl

MVA with open book fracture as cause

Post by Diaper girl »

I was so glad I did my research. I had a MVA in July, and I was basically "split down the middle". I had an open book fracture, and one of the surgeons told me that without being too graphic, he was working above my pubic bone, and he could see through my abdominal cavity the gynecologist working below. To say the least, I am fortunate to be alive. My bladder ruptured, and I had to have a very rarely done reconstructive bladder surgery. That was December 16th, and I can't travel without severe pain down there.

Yesterday I went to a pain management clinic, and he prescribed Lyrica, which already seems to have helped some with the burning urethral/bladder pain. I have every symptom listed. My coccyx is the next worst issue about traveling-very painful. By the time I get home, I have to get in the hospital bed, recline, and cry. I had a laceration that went mainly up the left side of my pubic symphysis with pubic symphysis separation and multiple pelvic fractures, torn ligaments-basically I was like pulling apart a "wishbone". There is no wonder that I have this. I am going to discuss this with my docs at St. Louis University. I go for more bladder surgery on Wednesday-just exploration and replacement of suprapubic tube.

Would appreciate any input, especially anyone who feels Lyrica is helping, because after one dose, I feel some better.
A's Mommy

Re: MVA with open book fracture as cause

Post by A's Mommy »

Hey there and welcome to the forum!!! I am so sorry to hear of your severe injuries!!! Who/where are you being currently treated?

Keep us posted.... we are here to offer support.

Blessings,

A's mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
HerMajesty

Re: MVA with open book fracture as cause

Post by HerMajesty »

Hi,

How long ago was the accident? It sounds terrible, and like you have a lot of healing left to do. There is Pudendal neuralgia (PN) and pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE), and it is probably too early to tell which you have. That is, with PNE there is pressure on your pudendal nerve from a displaced pelvic structure or scar tissue formation, but with PN the nerve was just traumatized but is not impinged upon.
Many of the symptoms caused by an insult to the pudendal nerve can also be caused by an insult to the nerves in the inguinal canal (ilioinguinal, hypogastric, genitofemoral), so don't assume your problem is pudendal until this has been ruled out.
That is great news that you feel better with one dose of Lyrica. There are a lot of meds that can be used in combination with Lyrica to give you greater relief.
Welcome to the board and I am sorry your body has been through so much!
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”